Our patients and their families come first! That’s why we do everything we can to help you get better and stay better – and that includes making your stay with us as stress-free as possible. If you have a question, please ask your floor or unit nurse – or, while you are in other parts of the medical center, any UMHS staff person. Our staff are easily identifiable by the picture ID they wear, and they are always happy to help.
Download the patient guidebook to help answer questions about your extended hospital stay:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I find Appointment Information?
- When can friends and family visit me in the hospital?
- What do I need to bring for my appointment?
- Where do I park and what does it cost?
- Where do I find information on advance directives?
- Where do I find information on HIPAA?
- How do I get there?
- Where do I go for lab work (blood test)
- Where can I find information on counseling services?
- How do I get copies of my medical record?
- Do you accept my health insurance?
- I don't think I can pay my bill. How can I get help?
- Can I bring my computer, and is there Internet access?
- Is there a chapel or religious services?
- Can I use my cell phone?
- How can visitors reach me by phone?
- Can I smoke?
- What are my rights as a patient?
- What are my privacy rights?
- Who do I contact if I have a compliment or complaint?