Medical Emergency? Call 911
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
General Address and Hospital Operator Phone Number
Below is the general address for Michigan Medicine and the hospital operator phone number. See the number under Appointments below for the number to use when requesting appointments. (Please note: Michigan Medicine is the new name of the University of Michigan’s academic medical center, a change that better reflects our three-part mission of patient care, education and research.)
University of Michigan
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
University Hospital Operator (connecting calls to patients for all U-M Hospitals and Michigan Medicine services, staff, and paging services): 734-936-4000
Compliments and Concerns
If you are happy with the care you received, why not let the doctor, nurse, staff member or entire unit know? We invite you to share your positive experience in one of the following ways:
- Online: Fill out a Making a Difference Award. These forms also are available at all hospital Welcome Centers.
- Patient Relations Brochure
If you have a concern about the care you have received, visit the Patient Concerns page to learn how to contact our Patient Relations team.
Find Information About a Specific Michigan Medicine Building or Center
For addresses for specific University of Michigan hospital buildings and centers, visit our Locations page, or one of the following:
- University of Michigan Medical Center Main Campus Locations page
- University of Michigan Primary Care Locations page
- University of Michigan Specialty Centers Locations page
MyUofMHealth.org/Medical Records/Patient Portal
If you need assistance logging into your MyUofMHealth.org account (the patient portal) you may e-mail us at HIM-PatientPortal@med.umich.edu, or you can call our Health Information Management Department at 734-615-0872 Monday-Friday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.
Fax number is 734-936-8571. To sign into your account, create an account or request an activation code for MyUofMHealth.org, visit the MyUofMHealth.org log-in page.
If you do not have a MyUofMHealth.org account and would like to obtain copies of your medical information, please call 734-936-5490.
Schedule Appointments Online
If you have signed up for an account on the MyUofMHealth.org patient portal, you can manage and request appointments with your U-M physician online. Under the “Appointments” tab on MyUofMHealth.org, you can view upcoming or past appointments, cancel appointments up to 24 hours before your schedule time, and request a new appointment. For more information, visit our Scheduling Appointments Online page.
Referral Information: Your referral relationship with Michigan Medicine is highly valued. We want your patients to have the best experience possible, especially when you choose to refer them to us.
Other Phone Numbers
- Emergency Room at University Hospital: 734-936-6666
- Injury Prevention and Community Outreach: 734-232-3814. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Psychiatric Emergency Services: 24-hour Crisis Phone Line: 734-936-5900
- Cancer AnswerLine: 800-865-1125
- Volunteering: Phone: 734-936-4327. Fax number: 734-936-9423. Email: Volunteer Services
- Billing: Toll-Free 855-855-0863 or 734-615-0863, Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
For expert sources, information on our press releases, or other immediate help, call 734-764-2220 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday. For requests with non-urgent deadlines, send a message to email@example.com. For more information about connecting with our Media Team, visit the Contact Our Team page in the News section.