The coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve rapidly, and the medical community continues to learn more about the virus and how it is spread.
We are monitoring CDC recommendations and adjusting our recommendations as necessary.
Everyone, including individuals with medical conditions, should use basic infection prevention guidelines, including frequent handwashing for at least 20 seconds, avoiding touching your face, staying away from people who are sick, and cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces.
You may view additional guidance for patients with specific medical conditions or in certain categories below.
Accessibility note: If you have difficulty reading the documents below due to accessibility problems, please contact MMAccessibility@umich.edu.
Guidelines by Category
Click on the link to view or download the patient-specific guidelines. The list below includes both adult and pediatric guidelines. Unless otherwise indicated, links will open a Google Doc.
Developmental and Behavioral Conditions
- ADHD, Anxiety, Mood Conditions or Behavioral Challenges: Coronavirus Guidance for Pediatric Patients with ADHD, Anxiety, Mood Conditions or Behavioral Challenges
Digestive and Liver Health
- Chronic Liver Disease: Coronavirus Guidance for Chronic Liver Disease Patients
Disability Health and Wellness
- Disability Health: Coronavirus Guidance for Individuals with Disabilities
- Pediatric Genetics: Coronavirus Guidance for Pediatric Genetic Patients
Heart Disease and Heart Failure
- Cardiomyopathies & Genetic Heart Disease (collaboration with other institutions): COVID-19 and Genetic Heart Disease: What to Know (PDF)
- Congenital Heart Disease (Adult and Pediatric): Coronavirus Guidance for Adult & Pediatric Patients: Congenital Heart Disease (CHD)
- Heart Failure: Coronavirus Guidance for Adult Patients: Heart Failure
Joint, Muscle and Nerve Diseases
- Pediatric Rheumatology: Coronavirus Guidance for Pediatric Rheumatology Patients
- Pediatric Dialysis: Coronavirus Guidance for Pediatric Dialysis Patients
- Pediatric Nephrology: Coronavirus Guidance for Pediatric Nephrology Patients
- Pediatric Neurology: Coronavirus Guidance for Pediatric Neurology Patients
- Pediatric Primary Care: Coronavirus Guidance for Pediatric Patients Visiting Primary Care Clinics
Pulmonology and Lung Disease
- Pediatric Pulmonology Clinic and Home Ventilator Program: Coronavirus Guidance for Patients: Pediatric Pulmonology Clinic and Pediatric Home Ventilator Program
- Adult Pulmonology Clinic and Assisted Ventilation Program: Coronavirus Guidance for Patients, Adult Pulmonolgy Clinic and Assisted Ventilation Program
- Adult Rheumatology: Coronavirus Guidance for Adult Rheumatology Patients
- Sleep Disorders: Coronavirus Guidance for Sleep Disorder Patients
- Bariatric Surgery: Coronavirus Guidance for Bariatric Surgery Patients
- Pediatric Surgery: Coronavirus Guidance for Pediatric Surgery Patients
- Transplant: Coronavirus Guidance for Transplant Patients
- Fertility and Reproductive Medicine: Coronavirus Guidance for Fertility & Reproductive Medicine Patients
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Coronavirus Guidance for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Patients