Road Projects Affecting Traffic Around University of Michigan Hospitals
Frankel Cardiovascular Center Main Entrance
Until late October, a construction repair project is underway within the Frankel Cardiovascular Center's main drop-off area accessed from Observatory Street. Valet service and entry to the patient parking structure still remain available at the main entry.
New Adult Hospital Construction
Construction has begun on the new adult hospital to be located adjacent to the Frankel Cardiovascular Center and fencing has been installed around the construction site. The fencing will remain in place through 2024. Here is some important information about factors that may affect your hospital visit:
There will be ongoing, intermittent lane closures on and around Catherine Street, but access to the Frankel Cardiovascular Center (and parking for the cardiovascular center) on Observatory will remain open. Parking: Approximately 15 metered parking spaces along Ann Street will become unavailable when fencing is installed.
- Dust Exposure and Masks: Please be assured that we will make great efforts to keep dust exposure to a minimum. However, patients should be aware of the potential for exposure and should use a mask if you have any dust and mold sensitivities. You will be notified of this recommendation via your appointment reminders, and masks will be available at the entrances and exists close to the construction site.
- Signs and Wayfinding: Signs will be posted around campus to assist pedestrians. View a wayfinding map of the hospital campus during construction (PDF).
Ann Arbor Road and Lane Closures
- South Huron Parkway between Washtenaw Avenue and Lindsay Lane
Monday, Sept. 20, at 9 a.m.– Friday, Oct. 1, at 8 p.m.
Beginning on Monday, Sept. 20, 2021, the right lane of South Huron Parkway in the northbound direction between Washtenaw and Lindsay Lane will be closed for pavement work. Traffic will be shifted into the left lane. Flagging operations will also be used at times while this work is occurring. Work is expected to be completed by Friday, Oct.1, 2021, weather permitting.
- Liberty Street Storm Sewer Rehab, Fourth Avenue to First Street
Monday, Sept. 20; Tuesday, Sept. 21; and Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2021
Beginning on Monday, Sept. 20, 2021, Liberty Street will be closed from Fourth Avenue to First Street for sewer lining work on Sept. 20, Sept. 21, and Sept. 22, 2021, with overnight work scheduled for Sept. 20 and Sept. 21. Westbound Liberty Street traffic will be detoured northbound on Fourth Avenue to westbound Washington Street to southbound First Street and back to westbound Liberty Street. Eastbound Liberty Street traffic will be detoured southbound on First Street to eastbound William Street to northbound Fourth Avenue and back to eastbound Liberty Street.
- Plymouth Road Resurfacing Project on Plymouth Road from Maiden Lane to Murfin Avenue
Monday, Aug. 30– Friday, Sept. 24
During Phase 1, two-way traffic, a single lane in each direction, will be maintained in the two north/eastbound lanes between Maiden Lane and Murfin Avenue. Work will be conducted between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- West Liberty Street, between South Seventh Street and Crest Avenue; and Crest Avenue, between West Liberty Street and Buena Vista
Friday, Aug. 13– Friday, Oct. 15, 2021
Beginning at 7 a.m. Friday, Aug. 13, both directions of West Liberty Street between South Seventh Street and Crest Avenue as well as Crest Avenue between West Liberty. and Buena Vista will be closed to through traffic. One eastbound vehicle lane will remain open to local traffic between Crest Avenue and South Seventh Street. Both directions of Crest Avenue will be closed with only a northbound vehicle lane open to local traffic between West Liberty Street and Buena Vista. Eastbound through traffic will be detoured south on West Stadium Boulevard, east on Pauline Boulevard, and north on South Seventh Street to West Liberty Street. Westbound traffic will be routed south on South Seventh Street, west on Pauline Boulevard, and north on West Stadium Boulevard to West Liberty Street.
Other Traffic Advisories
You may learn about other key construction projects that may affect your hospital visit by visiting the Road and Lane Closures page on the City of Ann Arbor website.
Road Projects Affecting Traffic Around a Community Clinic
Clinic on the clinic name for road project information.
- MDOT (Michigan Department of Transportation)
- City of Ann Arbor Road and Lane Closures
- Ann Arbor Area Transit Authority (AAATA) Bus Detours, Routes and Schedules
- University of Michigan Parking & Transportation Services