Road Projects Affecting Traffic Around University of Michigan Hospitals
The City of Ann Arbor is scheduled to close Fuller Street from State Street to Glen/Fuller Road for a months-long sewer diversion project, currently projected to run Monday, May 6, to around August 21.
This work is expected to cause traffic delays — so please plan in extra time when traveling to and from the medical center for appointments or other hospital business.
Here's what you need to know about the project, including detours (see map below):
- The project will close Fuller Street from State Street to Glen/Fuller Road, scheduled to begin Monday, May 6.
- The project is expected to be completed on or around August 21.
- Traffic coming from M-14/US-23 will be detoured south on Main Street to East Huron Street. Then east on Huron Street, north on Glen Ave./Fuller Road to the academic medical center.
- Traffic going to M-14/US-23 will be detoured south on Glen Ave./Fuller Road, then west on Huron Street and north on Main Street.
- Detour signs and construction barriers will be posted through the duration of the project.
- Visit the City of Ann Arbor website for more information on this project.
Emergency access vehicles have been made aware of the upcoming work.
Other Traffic Advisories
Other key construction projects that may affect your hospital visit are listed below. For more information, visit the Road and Lane Closures page on the City of Ann Arbor website.
Here’s what you need to know:
- An ongoing gas main project on Maiden Lane and Nielsen Court will shift northbound traffic into the center lane.
- The work is expected to take place between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily through Thursday, May 2.
- Beginning Monday, April 29, intermittent single-lane closures in one or both directions of travel are scheduled to be in place along Fuller Road from the Huron River to the easterly end of Fuller Court.
- The work will occur between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., and is expected to be completed by Friday, May 3.
- Bicycle and pedestrian traffic will be maintained at all times.
- From Monday, April 29 until Friday, May 3, Detroit Street between Catherine and North Fifth Avenue is expected to be closed to traffic. Emergency access and pedestrian access will be maintained.
- On Tuesday, April 30 and Wednesday, May 1, First Street is anticipated to be closed at the south side of Huron Street.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured westbound on Huron Street to southbound on Main Street to eastbound on Washington Street back to First Street.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on one side of the street.
- The ongoing work on northbound Third Street between Washington and East Huron has been extended until Friday, May 3.
For more information, visit the Road and Lane Closures on the City of Ann Arbor website.
- MDOT (Michigan Department of Transportation)
- City of Ann Arbor Road and Lane Closures
- Ann Arbor Area Transit Authority (AAATA) Bus Detours, Routes and Schedules
- University of Michigan Parking & Transportation Services