Road Projects Affecting Traffic Around University of Michigan Hospitals
New Adult Hospital Construction
Construction has begun on the new adult hospital to be located adjacent to the Frankel Cardiovascular Center and fencing has been installed around the construction site. The fencing will remain in place through 2024. Here is some important information about factors that may affect your hospital visit:
- Traffic: There will be intermittent lane closures on Catherine Street through summer 2020.
- Parking: Approximately 15 metered parking spaces along Ann Street will become unavailable when fencing is installed.
- Dust Exposure and Masks: Please be assured that we will make great efforts to keep dust exposure to a minimum. However, patients should be aware of the potential for exposure and should use a mask if you have any dust and mold sensitivities. You will be notified of this recommendation via your appointment reminders, and masks will be available at the entrances and exists close to the construction site.
- Signs and Wayfinding: Signs will be posted around campus to assist pedestrians. View a wayfinding map of the hospital campus during construction (PDF).
The work on Fuller Street is done for now but will be resumed in Spring of 2020. Visit the City of Ann Arbor website for more information on this project.
Other Traffic Advisories
You may learn about other key construction projects that may affect your hospital visit by visiting the Road and Lane Closures page on the City of Ann Arbor website.
- MDOT (Michigan Department of Transportation)
- City of Ann Arbor Road and Lane Closures
- Ann Arbor Area Transit Authority (AAATA) Bus Detours, Routes and Schedules
- University of Michigan Parking & Transportation Services