Your body's musculoskeletal system is made up of your bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons and nerves. A problem in any of these areas can greatly affect your quality of life. Our Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Center offers a variety of medical facilities and locations in Ann Arbor and throughout southeast Michigan. We are leaders in Musculoskeletal Care and Services.
Our center provides:
- Expert diagnosis of both acute (short-term) and chronic (long-term) conditions
- Excellent interpretation of laboratory tests
- Interventions for conditions that have not responded to conventional treatments
- Second opinions and consultations with other physicians
- The latest care for chronic, degenerative conditions
Why choose the U-M Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Center?
Our unique approach and specialty clinics and programs are the most comprehensive in Michigan and the country.
Our physicians and care providers are:
- Engaged in significant research on musculoskeletal disease, including cutting-edge research in pain, being among the top five institutions in the country for pain management research
- One of the largest groups of bone experts in the country
- Leaders in musculoskeletal education in Michigan and among the top programs in the Midwest and U.S.
- International leaders in musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Regional and national leaders in sports medicine, with orthopaedic surgeons and physical therapists dedicated to the care of athletes. Faculty members are the team physicians for both U-M and Eastern Michigan University athletes.
Our patients have access to state-of-the-art imaging equipment and therapies, including musculoskeletal ultrasound, imaging-guided treatment, and imaging for soft-tissue and bone tumors. Our ultimate goal is to provide you with a better quality of life and get you back to where you want to be.
As international leaders in musculoskeletal research we want to find new and improved treatments, devices and regimens for patients – and to improve health care as a whole. As one of the top 10 research universities in the country, we are on the forefront of new developments in musculoskeletal healthcare.
The University of Michigan Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Center has the right combination of knowledge, skills and resources to provide you with the best care available today. Visit our Contact Us page to find a location near you.