Occupational therapists help to improve the functional recovery of people facing challenges with activities of daily living (ADL’s) due to physical injury, illness, disease or the aging process. Our occupational therapists specialize in a wide variety of musculoskeletal conditions, including:
- Arthritic Conditions
- Gross and fine motor deficits
- Overuse Injuries (Osteoarthritis, Tennis elbow, Carpal tunnel)
- Spasticity & Contractures
- Upper extremity trauma, fractures, sprains and strains
Our hand therapists are nationally certified and specialized in the evaluation and treatment of complex upper extremity conditions. Some of the specialty programs offered in Occupational Therapy include:
- Custom Fabricated Upper Extremity Orthotics
- Driving Evaluations through our DRIVE-ABILITY PROGRAM
- Hand Therapy Program
- M-PERFORM, our Multidisciplinary Performing Artists Program
- Upper Extremity Prosthetics training for people with Amputations
The Occupational Therapy Division of the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department at the University of Michigan Health System (UMHS) provides high quality services and comprehensive rehabilitation to patients at nine convenient locations.
Contact Us / Make an Appointment
You're about to make an important decision, and we want to help you make a good one. Visit our Contact Us page to see a list of Musculoskeletal Call Centers. Our staff will be glad to talk with you about your options and how we can help.