Free WiFi Internet Access
Free, public wireless Internet access is available in nearly all U-M Health System facilities, including:
- Main Medical Campus, including all hospitals and outpatient centers, the Cancer Center, the Cardiovascular Center and MedInn
- East Medical Campus
- Many Domino's Farms clinics
- Some U-M Health Centers in nearby communities.
Through this network, you can use your laptop or mobile device to access the Internet from patients' hospital rooms, waiting areas, cafeterias and other locations.
Please do not use the network while you are in an outpatient exam room, or when a member of your health care team visits your inpatient room.
Accessing WiFi at UMHS
- The wireless network is called "MGuest-UMHS."
- Start up your laptop or mobile device, and enter the address of any Web site.
- You'll be redirected to a login page.
- Enter your last name and e-mail address, and click “Accept.”
- On the next page, click "Continue" and you will be directed to the Health Systems Web site.
- You can explore our site, or go to any other Web site by typing in the address or using your own "bookmarks" list.
- WiFi connections made through the UMHS "guest" network are not secure.
- UMHS faculty and staff cannot use the network to access secure areas of the Health System's Web site.
- The UMHS free WiFi service does not provide access to certain inappropriate Web sites, using the Web filtering software that meets industry standards.
- UMHS does not provide technical support for this service, and is not responsible for computers and devices that are lost, damaged or stolen.
C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital
Mott offers built-in computers and laptop ports in every patient room and public computers in the Family Resource Center.
Public Desktop Computers
Free public computers are available in several waiting areas and health-education areas around the Main and East Medical campuses, including:
- Taubman Center – Women’s Health Resource Center, Level 1
- University Hospital – Operating Rooms waiting area
- Cardiovascular Center – Wellness Resource Center, Level 2, and 4th floor waiting room.
- Rachel Upjohn Building, East Medical Campus – FRIENDS Library
- East Ann Arbor Health and Geriatrics Center – Health Education Resource Center