UMSkinCheck is free mobile application (Apple and Android) intended for skin cancer self exam and surveillance that allows users to complete and store a full body photographic library, track detected moles/lesions, download informational videos and literature and locate a skin cancer specialist.
A skin cancer self exam is used to identify suspicious moles or lesions that may be cancer or growths that may develop into skin cancer (precancers). Individuals who are at a high risk of skin cancer are encouraged to perform frequent skin self exams and to have full body photographic surveys taken by professional photographers. Now with UMSkinCheck patients will be able to complete a full skin cancer self exam and survey, track and create a history of moles and lesions all through a handheld mobile device.
The UMSkinCheck mobile app features
- Guidance on performing a skin cancer self exam and full body photographic survey
- Tracking detected skin lesions and moles for changes over time.
- Notifications/reminders to perform self exams on a routine basis
- Storage of photos for baseline comparisons during routine follow-up self exams
- Informational videos and literature on skin cancer prevention, healthy skin as well as a skin cancer risk calculator function
- Free download from iTunes
UMSkinCheck Mobile App
- Version # - 1.2
- Requirements - Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Free download for Android from Google Play.