Michigan Medicine is home to a 40-bed Adult Inpatient Rehabilitation Program offered at two locations. The 16 bed unit, located in University Hospital in Ann Arbor, is dedicated to the care of patients with complex rehabilitation conditions including cancer, spinal cord injury and medical issues following solid organ transplant. An additional 24 beds, at St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea, care for patients recovering from stroke, amputation, brain injury and medically complex conditions.
Our rehabilitation physicians are skilled in managing the most challenging cases, and our multidisciplinary rehabilitation team assists patients in returning to an independent and productive life, collaborating to develop and implement an individualized rehabilitation care plan from day one.
To coordinate adult inpatient rehabilitation, please contact our admissions coordinator at:
Inpatient Rehabilitation Leadership
- John Danko, DO - Medical Director, Adult Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Linda Grosh, MHSA - Director, Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Andrea Harris, DPT - Operations Manager, Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Kelly Gawne, MS, RN - Clinical Nursing Director, Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- Alecia Daunter, MD - Medical Director, Pediatric Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation