The University of Michigan is committed to the thoughtful and compassionate integrationof complementary therapies and conventional medicine through the activities of research, education, clinical services and community partnerships.
We offer our patients the following services:
- Integrative Primary Care: Health care throughout your life span, including newborn, obstetric, gynecologic and elder care
- Integrative Medicine Consultations: A consultative appointment followed by 2-3 follow up visits (exact number to be determined by you and your consulting physician) to develop an integrative treatment plan to your specific diagnosis or condition.
- Integrative Oncology Consultations: A consultation similar to above to design an integrative regime for supportive care using an evidence informed approach.
- We work in close consultation and conjunction with your oncology team
- Our approach is meant to encourage overall healing and symptom support you during your oncology treatments and is not meant to replace conventional treatment options but work in conjunction with
- A team of family physicians with advanced training in Integrative Medicine which emphasizes the current state of the evidence for complementary and alternative therapies.,
- Encouraging active participation in diagnostic and treatment decisions
- Emphasizing care for the whole person considering mind, body, spirit and emotions
Choose Michigan’s Multidisciplinary Approach to Alternative Medicine
We provide primary care services for the whole family with a focus on integratingcomplementary and alternative therapies into medical care.,. An integrative medicine plan is created that suits each individual's unique needs, offering specific recommendations for mind, body, spirit and emotion that optimize health. Integrative therapies such as holistic nutrition, relaxation techniques, acupuncture, massage, herbs and supplements are blended with the best of medical science and technology.
Integrative medicine is the art and science that addresses the whole person and uses both conventional and complementary therapies to prevent and treat disease, but most importantly to promote optimal health. Integrative physicians work together to transform health care to integrate all aspects of well-being, including physical, environmental, mental, emotional, spiritual and social health, thereby contributing to the healing of ourselves and of our planet.
For more information about other aspects of our program including research and educational offerings please see our website .
Integrative Family Medicine accepts all insurance plans that participate with the University of Michigan Health System.
To find out if your insurance plan participates, call UMHS at 1-855-855-0863
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, please call 734-647-5640. To learn about after-hours care options for our primary care patients, including E-Visits and our after-hours phone service, visit our After Hours Care for Primary Care Patients page.