Our Adult Outpatient Diabetes Education program is taught by certified diabetes educators who are registered dietitians and nurses. The program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association and certified by the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH). The recognition and certification process is based on National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education, American Diabetes Association and MDCH requirements.
Meet with an RD (Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist)
We are now offering virtual visits in addition to in person visits for individual education appointments.
- Diabetes (all types) and Pre-Diabetes
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- Celiac Disease
- Weight loss
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
Meet with a CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator)
- Meal planning
- Blood sugar management
- Intensive insulin management
- Learn about insulin pumps: Certified Pump Trainers on Animas, Medtronic, TSlim and Omnipod insulin pumps.
- Learn about CGMS (continuous glucose monitoring): Dexcom and Medtronic systems
Get one-on-one diabetes disease management:
- Fine-tune your blood sugars and medication regimen
- Coaching to help manage daily life with diabetes
- Support and scheduled phone calls to help keep you on track with your diabetes
- Support to help manage the effects of diabetes distress
Make an appointment today!
Contact information: Contact (734) 998-2475 or firstname.lastname@example.org