We know certain urologic diagnoses can be challenging, which is why we are offering online second opinions. You will have access to the same level of care through a convenient video visit without leaving your home or office. We have found that seeking second opinions can sometimes be uncomfortable and that conducting them in a familiar setting is helpful. While these visits are offered remotely, they might need to be completed in-person depending on your specific condition and other health factors. This can be determined at the time of scheduling.
Request a Remote Second Opinion
Patients: To request a Urology Remote Second Opinion, use our online appointment form or call 734–936–7030.
Health Providers: If you are a health provider looking to refer a patient, please visit the Provider Portal or call M-LINE at 800-962-3555.
Remote Second Opinions for Urologic Conditions and Treatments
Remote Second Opinions for urologic conditions and treatments include:
- Bladder cancer (robotic surgery, intracorporeal urinary diversions, chemotherapy, biological therapy, radiation, and clinical trials)
- Elevated PSA (biomarkers, MRI guided biopsy, transperineal biopsy, PSMA PET)
- Enlarged prostate surgery (Rezum, holmium laser enucleation of prostate, Urolift, bipolar transurethral resection of prostate)
- Erectile dysfunction (penile prosthesis surgery)
- Female urology (incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse)
- Kidney cancer (robotic and open surgery, biopsies, kidney-preserving surgery, IVC thrombus management)
- Kidney stones (surgical management and prevention)
- Neurogenic bladder (spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis)
- Pediatric urology (hydronephrosis, vesicoureteral reflux, hypospadias)
- Prostate cancer treatment (robotic surgery, focal therapy, open surgery, salvage surgery, radiation therapy, surveillance, and genetic testing)
- Urological reconstruction (treatment after ureteral injury, pyeloplasty/UPJ obstruction, ureteral reimplantation/repair, polycystic kidney removal)
About Video Visits and Insurance Coverage
Currently, Video Visits are only available for patients who live in Michigan.
Most insurance plans cover Video Visits. For more information, visit our virtual care FAQs.
If you do not have insurance coverage or your insurance plan does not cover Video Visits, we can offer you a discounted rate. Contact Patient Financial Experience at 734-615-0863 for more information on the discounted rates for Video Visits.