At Michigan Medicine our goal is to provide the best health care experience possible. If we fall short of your expectations, we want to know about it.
You have the right to express any concerns you may have. Patient Relations is the destination for patients and families when the health care provided fails to meet expectations.
We want and need your feedback, comments, and questions so that we can improve for you and for future patients. After you speak with us, we will work to address your concerns or questions.
Contact Patient Relations
Contact Patient Relations and Clinical Risk with concerns about:
- Our Services
- Our Employees
- Your Care
Phone: (734) 936-4330
or toll-free at (877) 285-7788
Monday-Friday 8a.m. - 4p.m.
Walk-in: The Patient Relations & Clinical Risk office is located in University Hospital, Room UH 2B228. Open for walk-in assistance Monday-Friday 8a.m.- 4p.m., or by appointment.
Download the Patient Relations Brochure
Please have the following information ready when you contact Patient Relations:
- Patients MRN or Date of Birth
- Date the concern occurred
- Name of the Department Involved
- Name of the people involved
- Concise explanation of the concern
What Our Review Process Includes:
- A discussion with you or your family representative so that we understand your concerns.
- Contacting staff and/or leadership involved with your care.
- Identification and sharing of opportunities for improvement and lessons learned.
- Follow up with you.
What to Expect for Resolution:
- Every effort will be made to resolve your concern or explain the care received.
- Please allow at least 30 business days for us to perform a thorough review. We will contact you as soon as our review is completed.
Other Review Agencies
As a health care consumer, you have the right to contact the following agencies if you are not satisfied with the care you received from Michigan Medicine.
LARA – Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Bureau of Health Care Services
Health Facilities Division
PO Box 30664, Lansing, MI 48909
800-822-6006 (toll free)
Livanta Medicare Quality of Care Complaints
10820 Guilford Road, Suite 202
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701-1105
Phone: 888-524-9900 [Region 5: OH, IN, IL, MI, MN, WI)
Other Resources for Questions or Concerns
Michigan Medicine Operator
Billing or Health Insurance
Call Patient Financial Services at (734)-615-0863
Requests for Medical Records
Call Medical Records at (734)-936-5490
Call Compliance at (734)-615-4400
Financial Assistance Resources
Call the Guest Assistance Program at (734)-764-6893
Locating Lost Belongings
Call Security at (734)-936-7890
Call the Patient & Visitor Accommodations Program at (734)-936-0135
Mental Health Code Concerns
Call the Recipient Rights Office at (734)-936-4323
Call the Making A Difference Department at (734)-936-8710
Patient/Visitor Guide Information