At Michigan Medicine our goal is to provide the best health care experience possible. If we fall short of your expectations, we want to know about it.
You have the right to express any concerns you may have when the health care we provide fails to meet your expectations by contacting our Patient Relations team. These may include concerns about:
- Our Services
- Our Employees
- Your Care
- Sexual Misconduct, Discrimination or Harassment (see below)
We want and need your feedback, comments and questions so that we can improve for you and for future patients. After you speak with us, we will work to address your concerns or questions.
Submit a Compliment
If you would like to thank or recognize a Michigan Medicine team member who has provided exceptional care to you or a loved one, you can fill out an appreciation form on our website.
Sexual Misconduct, Discrimination and Harassment
Sexual assault, harassment, discrimination and all forms of sexual and gender-based misconduct have no place at Michigan Medicine. We are committed to preventing sexual and gender-based misconduct and offering support to those who have been harmed, whether patients, staff or faculty.
We continually strive to create an environment where everyone feels safe to report misconduct and is supported throughout the process. This includes regularly evaluating and updating our policies, procedures and resources.
Next Steps for Reporting Sexual Misconduct: To report sexual misconduct, discrimination or harassment you may:
- Contact Patient Relations in any of the ways outlined in the blue "Contact Patient Relations" section just below. Someone will be available to handle your concern even if you call after hours.
- File a Report on the Reporting to the University page on the University of Michigan Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct website. To do this, select the "File a Report for Ann Arbor" button.
Whether you choose to contact Patient Relations or file a report, your concern will be taken seriously and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Contact Patient Relations
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Download the Patient Relations Brochure
Please have the following information ready when you contact Patient Relations:
- Patients MRN or Date of Birth
- Date the concern occurred
- Name of the Department Involved
- Name of the people involved
- Concise explanation of the concern
What Our Review Process Includes:
- A discussion with you or your family representative so that we understand your concerns.
- Contacting staff and/or leadership involved with your care.
- Identification and sharing of opportunities for improvement and lessons learned.
- Follow-up with you.
What to Expect for Resolution:
- Every effort will be made to resolve your concern or explain the care received.
- Please allow at least 30 business days for us to perform a thorough review. We will contact you as soon as our review is completed.
Other Review Agencies
As a health care consumer, you have the right to contact the following agencies if you are not satisfied with the care you received from Michigan Medicine.
LARA – Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Bureau of Health Care Services
Health Facilities Division
PO Box 30664, Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: 800-882-6006 (toll free)
Livanta Medicare Quality of Care Complaints
10820 Guilford Road, Suite 202
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701-1105
Phone: 888-524-9900 (Region 5: OH, IN, IL, MI, MN, WI)
Other Resources for Questions or Concerns
Michigan Medicine Operator
Billing or Health Insurance
Call Patient Financial Services at 734-615-0863
Requests for Medical Records
Call Medical Records at 734-936-5490
Call Compliance at 734-615-4400
Locating Lost Belongings
Call Security at 734-936-7890
Mental Health Code Concerns
Call the Recipient Rights Office at 734-936-4323
Patient/Visitor Guide Information