Excellence in Patient Care, Medical Education and Research
Michigan Medicine is home to one of the largest health care complexes in the world. It has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the Medical School first opened in 1850.
Nationally Ranked Healthcare
Today, Michigan Medicine continues to deliver the Michigan Difference through cutting-edge research and premier patient care. According to U.S. News and World Report, we’re among the best in the nation in a broad range of adult and pediatric specialties. We’ve earned national recognition from other hospital-quality organizations, too.
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest hospitals in Michigan and a premier academic medical center made up of:
- U-M Hospitals and Clinics
- University of Michigan Medical School and its University of Michigan Medical Group practice
- One of the nation’s largest biomedical research communities
- Michigan Health Corp. — the legal entity that allows the Health System to enter into partnerships, affiliations, joint ventures and other business activities
Our vision is to create the future of health care through discovery and to become the national leader in health care, health care reform, biomedical innovation and education.
Connect with Us
- Search for information about a medical condition or treatment: Go to our Conditions and Treatments search page
- Search for a University of Michigan doctor: Use our Find a Doctor tool
- Get information for patients and visitors: Explore our online Patient and Visitor Guide
- Speak to the hospital operator: Call 1-734-936-4000 for hospital visiting hours, patient room information, and other hospital-related information