Updated Visitor Policy
Our visitor policy has been updated to reflect the waning of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please see our Visitor Guidelines page for the most updated information on visiting hours, masking and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I reach a patient in the hospital?
The hospital operator can help connect you to a patient. Please call 734-936-4000. Operators can also connect calls to all Michigan Medicine services and staff, and paging services.
What can I expect in a semi-private room?
Being in a semi-private room requires additional sensitivity to respect the privacy of the other patient, the roommate’s family members, and visitors. The following rules and expectations help to ensure the safety and privacy of all patients:
- We may ask your family members and/or visitors to leave the room when your roommate is about to receive care, or to allow a sensitive discussion to take place.
- We may ask your family members to use a different area to sleep, for example the lounge.
- We expect family members and visitors to be sensitive to the volume of their conversations and maintain a low level of noise.
- During the night time (between 9pm and 8 am), family members will need to silence their phones and pagers and have phone conversations in a different location so that sleep can be maximized.
- Family members and visitors should use the public restrooms rather than the bathroom located in your room.
What expectations do you have for family and visitors?
In order to ensure the safety and health of all patients and our staff, people who show signs and symptoms of a communicable disease are not allowed to visit. Please see our updated COVID-19 visitor policies at the top of the page. We expect family members and visitors to treat patients, visitors and staff with respect, and preserve the privacy of our other patients and enter only your room.
How can I find a place to stay overnight while I am visiting a loved one?
Michigan Medicine Lodging helps patients and families who are seeking care find overnight lodging during their time at Michigan Medicine.
For assistance in making reservations for any of the lodgings above, contact Michigan Medicine Lodging at 800-544-8684 or 734-936-0100, or complete our online reservation request form so we can get started finding the right place for you or your family.
For more details about lodging options, visit our Michigan Medicine Lodging page.