The opportunity for a new life occurs every day at the University of Michigan Transplant Center.
Since the first solid organ transplant in Michigan took place at the University of Michigan back in 1964, more than 10,000 patients have benefited from our devotion to the individual. This makes us the largest and most experienced solid organ transplant center in Michigan — and among the largest in the nation. We have seen transplantation progress from an experimental, risky procedure to a successful medical therapy.
Our transplant expertise include:
- Heart Transplant
- Kidney and Pancreas Transplant
- Liver Transplant
- Lung Transplant
- Pediatric Heart, Kidney and Liver Transplant
In addition to solid organ transplantation, University of Michigan Health offers expertise in Corneal Transplant at Kellogg Eye Center and the Bone Marrow Transplant Program at the Rogel Cancer Center or the Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at C. S. Mott Children’s Hospital
Because of the high volume, decades of experience, cutting-edge therapies and multidisciplinary teams of specialists, our goal is to provide an opportunity for transplantation to every individual. Patients trusting us with their transplantation receive care from a team of experts who will be with them throughout their journey. This team consists of:
- Transplant Surgeons
- Transplant Specialty Physicians
- Transplant Psychiatrists/Psychologists
- Transplant Nurses/Coordinators
- Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
- Transplant Pharmacists
- Social Workers
- Financial Counselors
- Peer Mentors
In addition to exceptional patient care, the U-M Transplant Center is committed to:
- Leading-edge research that will benefit both today’s and tomorrow’s patient
- Leadership in the development of innovative techniques
- Education programs and online resources related to transplantation
- Enhanced organ donation awareness aimed at improving the availability of organs
- Creating a diverse and dedicated transplant community
Make an Appointment and Get Evaluated
Please follow this link for information on getting evaluated. To learn about insurance and financial aspects of transplantation, visit the "Am I a Transplant Candidate" page.
To make an appointment to evaluate your need within our Transplant Center, call a patient care representative at 1-800-333-9013.