In this time of busy lives and long to-do lists, it's easy to neglect your own health. Having a trusting, long-standing relationship with a primary care physician means having someone in your corner who knows your history and is your first line of contact for maintaining good health and preventing illness. Michigan Medicine believes in establishing and maintaining a long-term relationship with you to provide you with the best health care possible.
We provide the following primary care and general wellness services:
- Adult Medicine and Pediatrics: Provide a variety of services for all ages, including developmental care for infants and toddlers, counseling adolescents, and assisting adults in maintaining good habits in exercise, diet and emotional health.
- Elderly Care (Geriatrics): Provides outstanding educational opportunities, advanced research on the health care issues of older adults, and exemplary multidisciplinary care and services for the older population.
- Family Medicine: Family Medicine provides care for the whole family by helping prevent illness, maintain good health and control disease. From OB services, well baby care, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric services, family medicine physicians offer patients continuity of care allowing you to be seen by the same physician throughout your entire life.
- General Medicine: Provides general and preventive medicine for adults of all ages, plus management of medical conditions including arthritis, asthma, diabetes, hypertension and heart disease, immunizations, health counseling and sports physicals.
- Holistic Medicine: Blends integrative therapies such as holistic nutrition, relaxation techniques, acupuncture, massage, herbs and supplements with the best of medical science and technology.
- Japanese Family Health Program: Provides comprehensive health care services to Japanese-speaking people to help you feel comfortable, welcome and well cared for.
- MHealthy: Offers wellness and health risk reduction services for U-M faculty & staff, dependents, and retirees, as well as for UMHS patients and the general public. Our programs include physical activity, nutrition, weight management, mental and emotional health, ergonomics awareness, tobacco treatment, alcohol management, MHealthy Rewards, Occupational Health Clinics.
- Nutrition Services: Addresses a variety of nutrition-related conditions, including diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease before dialysis, celiac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, reflux disease and obesity.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology: It’s important to us that a woman receives total care, whether she is dealing with a medical issue or she is healthy and in need of routine care.
We have hundreds of established primary care physicians, practicing in over 15 convenient neighborhood Health Centers who provide a full range of services, from routine office care and minor outpatient procedures, to immunizations and specialist referrals.