The Kidney Transplant Program and the U-M Transplant Center offers the Kidney Transplant Education app for your mobile device. By downloading our FREE app you will get information about the kidney transplant process, requirements to receive a transplant, and methods of contacting the U-M Transplant Center.
The purpose of the app is to help educate and inform potential transplant recipients, donors, and caregivers about what it is like to receive or donate a kidney. The app also features a section called “Ask a Peer Mentor (link to Peer Mentor page)” which gives users an opportunity to ask kidney transplant donors and recipients about their experience.
Downloading the App
Download the Kidney Transplant Education to your smartphone. You save money if you set your device to WiFi instead of using the data service offered by your mobile service provider. You find this option in your device Settings.
Our App is FREE but you need a Gmail or ITunes account to complete the download. You must create the account before you download the App.
For Android Users:
You need a Gmail account to complete the download.
If you have a Gmail account then click here to get to the app
- Access GooglePlay from your Playstore icon.
- Search by selecting the magnifying glass and type in Kidney Transplant Education. Press “enter” to start the search.
- Our App should appear as the result of your search. It should say Free in the lower right corner of the description box.
- Select our App.
- You will be taken to a new screen verifying your selection. Tap “Install”.
- It will ask you to enter your Gmail account information.
- It will ask you again to verify you have the App you wanted. Tap “Accept and Install”.
- The download will begin.
For iPhone Users
You need an iTunes account to complete the download.
If you have an iTunes account click here to get to the app.
- Locate the App Store icon and tap it.
- Select the Search button at the bottom left of the screen to search for Kidney Transplant Education.
- Type in Kidney Transplant Education. App Store will provide suggested matches as you are typing. Either select our App or continue typing the full name to find it.
- Tap on our App to select it.
- Tap on the Free button.
- Enter you iTunes password and tap OK to start the download.
For more information about the App call 734-998-0095.