Physical therapists and physical therapy assistants in rehabilitation medicine focus on maximizing function, ambulation and mobility. We provide comprehensive evaluations and individualized, one-on-one care with a hands-on approach in both our assessment and treatment sessions using manual therapy and exercises to improve movement, strength, coordination and balance. We work with patients and families to identify individualized goals that are important to their daily function, values and life roles such as parent, caregiver, student, employee, weekend warrior, and so on.
Conditions We Treat
Conditions we specialize in treating include:
- Brain Injury/Concussion
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Cancer Rehab
- General Rehabilitation
- Women’s/Men’s Health
- Pelvic Floor-Related Conditions
Advanced Certification & Training
Our physical therapists are highly specialized with board certifications in cardiopulmonary, geriatrics, neurology, orthopedics, pediatrics, women’s health/obstetrics and wound care.
We also have master clinicians with advanced skills in many areas of rehabilitation including: aquatics, assistive technologies, brain injury, cancer rehabilitation, functional manual therapy, gerontology, LSVT BIG/PWR, lymphedema, McKenzie & Orthopedic Manual Therapy (OMPT), Neurodevelopmental, Otago, pelvic floor dysfunction, strength and conditioning, vestibular evaluation and treatment and wheelchair seating.
Our staff also have expertise in Pilates, tai chi and yoga for health and wellness. We utilize some of the latest technologies and robotics with our patients. Many of our staff have additional training and experience with the following equipment: Biocord, Bioness L300, Lokomat robotic gait trainer, Pilates Rehab Reformer, Physiotouch, RedCord, Rewalk robotic exoskeleton, RTI FES cycling, Thor Laser & Walk Aide.
Our specialty programs include:
- Concussion: Treating headache, head/neck trauma and cognitive issues related to injury (ie: motor vehicle or work related accidents)
- Aquatics: Water-based therapy to assist your physical recovery
- Robotics & Technology: Specialized treatment utilizing advanced technologies including: Lokomat, Rewalk, RTI FES Cycling, InMotion Arm/Armeo, Bioness, WalkAide.
- Drive-Ability: Assessing medical fitness to drive, evaluations for all ages
- LSVT Big & Loud and PWR!: Exercise programs for Parkinson’s patients
- Bones In Balance: An education & exercise program for osteoporosis
- SAF-R: Senior Assessment of Fall Risk, balance training & home safety education
- MPerform: Performing artist’s rehabilitation & therapy program
- Breast Feeding Support: Assisting with plugged duct issues for the breastfeeding mother
Make an Appointment
If you are calling for a physical, occupational or speech therapist, please call our therapy call center at (734) 936-7070. For other contact and appointment information related to Rehabilitation Medicine, visit our Make an Appointment with Rehabilitation Medicine page.