The Multidisciplinary Post COVID-19 Clinic, or COVID-19 Long Haul Clinic, provides post-discharge care to adult patients experiencing long-term post COVID symptoms and complications. See the Pediatric Post-COVID Syndrome Clinic page on mottchildren.org for information about treating post-COVID syndrome (or "Long COVID") in children.
Post COVID-19 Syndrome Symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Joint and muscle pain
- Chest pain
- Memory problems
Patients previously hospitalized for COVID-19 — including mild cases — can experience a spectrum of long-term multi-organ conditions. These may include complications in the following areas:
- Pulmonary (lungs and breathing)
- Cardiovascular (heart and vascular)
Patients with diabetes/obesity are considered particularly high-risk for long-term COVID-19 complications.
What to Expect at Your Clinic Visit
The initial visit typically includes an evaluation by Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Diabetes, a Physical Medicine & Rehab evaluation, neuropsychological testing, as well as pulmonary function tests and cardiology screenings. Formal consultation will be added as needed.
We will schedule additional evaluation from providers (including but not limited to Neurology, Nephrology, Podiatry, and Diabetes Education) if we determine it necessary from the initial visit.
Referral Criteria for the Clinic
- Be 18 years and older
- A history of lab-confirmed COVID-19
- Continued symptoms post COVID-19
- Referral from a primary care provider (or inpatient provider at discharge)
Requested Documentation at the Time of Referral
Please provide documentation of:
- A positive COVID-19 test result, including test method and date
- Any symptoms or preexisting conditions (e.g. asthma) prior to COVID-19 infection
- Any tests, symptoms, or treatments during the acute COVID-19 infection
- Any tests, symptoms, or treatments after the acute COVID-19 infection
The following lab results are required if the patient does not have lab results from the past three months prior to visiting the clinic:
- Brain Natriuretic Peptide (BNP)
- CBC with Platelet and Differential
- High Sensitivity Troponin T
- Lipid Panel
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- T4, Free
At this time, a referral is required from your primary care physician to make an appointment. This ensures we receive all of the required documentation necessary to schedule a clinic visit.
Referring physicians can contact M-LINE at 800-962-3555.
For more information, call 734-647-5871.