Michigan Medicine physicians and neuropsychologists are skilled in managing challenging rehabilitation cases. For patients with specific diagnoses, our partnership with Chelsea Hospital will provide patients:
- Continued access to Michigan Medicine’s high level of medical expertise
- A dedicated, interdisciplinary team of skilled professionals working alongside Michigan Medicine rehabilitation physicians to maximize a patient’s functionality
- 24 private patient rooms with bathrooms, a spacious gym and a dedicated elevator for convenient transport in a caring, community-centered environment
- Accommodations for guests are available, but note Chelsea Hospital may have visitor restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit www.stjoeshealth.org or speak to your care team for the latest visitor policy.
The expanded Inpatient Rehabilitation program at Chelsea Hospital will care for patients with the following diagnoses:
- Brain injuries
- Major trauma
- Neurological disorders
- Complicated medical conditions with rehabilitation needs
The unit is part of an integrated program with the 16 bed inpatient service our Michigan Medicine Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physicians currently staff at University Hospital. The University Hospital beds are utilized for the care of complex rehabilitation conditions including cancer, spinal cord injury and medical issues following solid organ transplant.
By offering care at Chelsea Hospital we are ensuring our patients receive the best care in the most appropriate setting.