Members of the media: Please call 734-764-2220 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time for assistance.
After business hours, and on weekends and holidays, we have a person on call for urgent matters — see the Contact Our Media Team page for information.
Assistance with Interviews
The Michigan Medicine Media Team provides assistance to news reporters, photographers, video crews and bloggers who wish to arrange phone interviews or in-person sessions with physicians, scientists, staff, students and patients from any area of Michigan Medicine, including the Medical School and all the facilities and programs of the Hospitals & Health Centers.
We encourage you to contact us. Our assistance, whether in arranging a simple phone conversation or an elaborate video, makes the work go much more smoothly for all involved.
University of Michigan Health regularly provides new sound from experts on timely health and medical topics, available to any station for broadcast and web use. Click on the Dropbox links below to access clips. Available clips include:
- Pediatric Emergency Preparedness – How to plan for an emergency with children
- Children & Body Image – National Poll on Children’s Health: concerns over body image & appearance
- Arthritis in Older Adults – New poll examines treatment of joint pain
- Care at Home – providing effective, hospital-level care outside of its four walls
- Michigan: Cancer & the Environment – A massive study will examine how contaminant exposure impacts health”
- School Traffic Safety – National Poll on Children’s Health: concerns over hazards during drop-off & pickup
- Back-to-school Anxiety – A child psychiatrist shares helpful tips for families
- Foot & Ankle Pain – Common summer injuries and ways to prevent them
- Asthma in Michigan – Poor asthma outcomes and how precision medicine could help
- Surgery & Climate Change – Medicine’s impact on emissions & strategies for reducing its carbon footprint
- Water Safety and Ticks– Important information for staying safe when enjoying the outdoors
- Firearm suicide – Prevention strategies from a U-M psychiatric emergency leader
- COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters – Michigan Medicine CEO Dr. Marschall Runge speaks about their importance
- Fireworks - How to avoid injuries and safely enjoy the holidays
- Preventing heat-related illness - How to stay safe and cool this summer
- Cannabis for pain - How cannabis can be used for medical conditions
- CPR Awareness Week - Is your home heart safe?
- Overprescribing Antibiotics - Avoid overprescribing antibiotics for respiratory infections
- One Million COVID Deaths - Making sense of it all with a medical historian
- May is Stroke Month - Do you know how to spot the signs of a stroke?
- New Guidelines for Aspirin - New guidelines mean fewer people should be taking daily aspirin
- National Infertility Awareness Week - Busting misconceptions for National Infertility Awareness Week
- Latest updates on ALS - ALS Awareness Month is coming up, so here's the most recent research and more
- COVID and your Zip Code - Researchers sound the alarm on vulnerable zip codes at this point in the pandemic
- Maternal Mortality - Learn more about maternal mortality as well as C-sections
- Spring Break Travel Tips - Avoid a blood clot while traveling, and stay COVID safe
- Lung Health - Tips for maintaining lung health throughout life
- Spring Forward - Why it's bad for our health to "spring forward," and other sleep tips
- Rare Disease Spotlight - A look at Sézary Syndrome
- Protect Your Mental Health - Protect your mental health during the winter blahs
- Tracking Your Sleep - Tracking your sleep with wearables, featuring Dr. Cathy Goldstein
- End-of-January Update from the ER - Staff gives an update from the Emergency Room during the latest COVID peak
- Heart Month 2022 - Dr. Salim Hayek's top tips to improve your cardiovascular health
- Pulse Oximeters for COVID - Biased Readings to Be Aware Of: U-M research explores why pulse oximeters don't work for everyone
- Sleeping Well in the New Year: Kick off the New Year with better sleep
- Blood Shortage: Critical blood shortage with the director of the U-M Health Blood Bank
- Impact of COVID on Hospital - David Miller 1.6.22: January 6 update on omicron surge from U-M Health president
- Snow Shoveling: Heart-safe snow shoveling
For more information, contact Noah Fromson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsroom is a combined feed of all the stories we produce
- Michigan Health Lab is the hub for research and education news
- Michigan Health Blog provides clinical care news and practical information for patients, their loved ones and members of the public.
RSS Feeds and Embargoed Research News Content
We also encourage you to subscribe to these RSS feeds to ensure you receive all news we publish in a timely way.
About Media Access to U-M Facilities
Our assistance and presence is required for any visits by members of the media to all Michian Medicine facilities, including hospitals, Medical School research buildings, outpatient health centers & office buildings, and the North Campus Research Complex. For more information on media access to U-M facilities, see our guidelines.
Release Forms for Patients
Regarding patients and the news media: Patients who will be interviewed, filmed or photographed within a Michigan Medicine facility MUST sign a release form, available from our department. A release form is also needed whenever a member of the Michigan Medicine faculty or staff will be discussing a particular patient or former patient with a member of the media, whether or not the patient is currently at a Michigan Medicine facility.
Michigan Medicine news releases prior to January 2015 can be found in the University of Michigan Health System archives.