Ways to Contact Us
Our representatives can help you with answers to questions you may have about treatment options, doctors or other care providers, clinical research trials, services for family members and other loved ones, and support services. For Frankel Cardiovascular Center floor and street maps, visit our Maps & Directions page. Visit the Driving Directions page for detailed directions and the specific address for the Center for your GPS.
Call us at 888-287-1082 to Schedule an appointment with a U-M Cardiovascular Center physician, get a prescription refill, or request to speak with your nurse. When you call, you will be asked to select an option:
- Select Option 1 for New Cardiology Patients
- Select Option 2 for Established Cardiology Patients
- Select Option 3 for Cardiac and Vascular Surgery Patients
To reach the Thoracic Surgery (non-cardiac surgical diseases of the chest) department, please call 734-936-8857.
To schedule ordered Cardiovascular Testing, call 734-232-4385 and select the corresponding prompt below. When you call, you will be asked to select an option:
- Option 1: Diagnostic Vascular Unit
- Option 2: Echocardiogram Lab
- Option 3: EKG Lab
Contact the Radiology Call Center at 734-936-4500. To reach Interventional Radiology (IR) directly, call 734-936-4536.
Access the Patient Portal
Request access or sign into the MyUofMHealth Patient Portal using the box at the upper right of this page, or click on the MyUofMHealth login page link. Through the patient portal, you can:
- Communicate with your doctor/nurse
- Request a prescription renewal
- Access your test results
- Manage your appointments
Frequently Asked Questions About Contacting Us
When will I be able to speak with a real person?
When you call between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, you will be able to speak to one of our representatives in person.
What should I expect when I call?
We’ll ask you a number of questions to help you accomplish what you called to do and help you find the right physician or program to meet your needs.
What kinds of questions should I be prepared to answer?
Once we are ready to set up an appointment, we often ask:
- What type of insurance do you have? We take most types of insurance. For more information, visit our Billing & Insurance page. For a list of Participating Insurance Plans, visit the Insurance page on UofMHealth.org.
- Do you have a referring physician? Although in most cases you do not need a physician referral, we will ask if you have one, because of the next question, which is the most important when making an appointment:
- Where are your records? We are happy to help retrieve your records for you. Knowing where your records are is important because we will need to make sure your Frankel CVC doctor has them before your first appointment. (Some places require a signed release form from you in order to release them.)
- Are you requesting a second opinion? We understand that in some cases, you may want to get a second opinion about whether you need a specific treatment. We can help you figure out how to best take this step.
What if I need an interpreter?
Interpreters are available for both your Call Center phone call and for any upcoming appointment. Please let your call center representative know that you want to request an interpreter and they will arrange it for you.
Do You Want to Refer a Patient to U-M Cardiovascular Physician?
If you are a referring physician, Call M-Line at 800-962-3555, or visit our Refer a Patient page for information and resources for referring physicians.