Why Choose Michigan? Because your goal and our goal are the same – to get you back to where you want to be.
At the University of Michigan Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Center you will find more than 250 physicians and hundreds of care providers who specialize in treating conditions of the bones, joint and muscles – including pain management. Specialists from across our Health System work together to provide the optimum treatment plan for your individual needs. And to make it convenient for you, our physicians are located in a variety of facilities across Ann Arbor and southeast Michigan.
Our musculoskeletal care providers are national leaders who possess significant clinical expertise allowing them to care for routine to complex conditions. Our unique approach and specialty clinics and programs are the most comprehensive in Michigan and the country. Our physicians and care providers are:
- Engaged in significant research on musculoskeletal disease, including cutting-edge research in pain, being among the top five institutions in the country for pain management research
- One of the largest groups of bone experts in the country
- Leaders in musculoskeletal education in Michigan and among the top programs in the Midwest and U.S.
- International leaders in musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Regional and national leaders in sports medicine, with orthopaedic surgeons and physical therapists dedicated to the care of athletes. Faculty members are the team physicians for both U-M and Eastern Michigan University athletes.
Our patients have access to state-of-the-art imaging equipment and therapies, including musculoskeletal ultrasound, imaging-guided treatment, and imaging for soft-tissue and bone tumors. Disciplines include:
50+ Patient Care Clinics in 22 Facilities across 9 Communities
We recognize that quality care also needs to be convenient to you. That's why our services are located across southeast Michigan and Ann Arbor. No matter what your condition or injury there is a clinic where you need it most – close to you.
250+ Physicians and 300,000+ outpatient visits, surgeries and medical procedures annually
Different areas of expertise bring different perspectives and knowledge to each patient's situation. By choosing the U-M Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Center you are choosing to broaden your possibilities and treatment options. Our physicians and care providers collaborate in a multidisciplinary way that fosters teamwork, excellence and quality service. Our radiologist is connected to our physical therapist, who is connected to our orthopaedic surgeon and so on. And with over 300,000 patient visits, surgeries and medical procedures each year, rest assured we can help you get back to where you want to be.