Excellence in Patient Care, Medical Education and Research
The University of Michigan is home to one of the largest health care complexes in the world. It has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the Medical School first opened in 1850.
Nationally Ranked Healthcare in 15 Specialties
Today, the University of Michigan Health System continues to deliver the Michigan Difference through cutting-edge research and premier patient care. According to U.S. News and World Report, we’re among the best in the nation in a broad range of adult and pediatric specialties. We’ve earned national recognition from other hospital-quality organizations, too.
The University of Michigan Health System, sometimes called simply the University of Michigan Hospital, is one of the largest hospitals in Michigan and a premier academic medical center made up of:
- U-M Hospitals, Health Centers and Clinics
- University of Michigan Medical School and its Faculty Group Practice
- Clinical activities of the University of Michigan School of Nursing
- One of the nation’s largest biomedical research communities
- Michigan Health Corp. - the legal entity that allows the Health System to enter into partnerships, affiliations, joint ventures and other business activities
Our vision is to create the future of health care through discovery and to become the national leader in health care, health care reform, biomedical innovation and education.
Connect with Us
- Search for information about a medical condition or treatment: Go to our Medical Services search page
- Search for a University of Michigan doctor: Use our Find a Physician tool
- Get information for patients and visitors: Explore our online Patient and Visitor Guide
- Speak to a patient services representative: Call 1-800-211-8181