At the University of Michigan Health System, we pursue excellence in health care, research & education every day. Here are fast facts – follow the links to learn more about:
- Our people: We’re a community of more than 26,000 faculty, staff, students, trainees & volunteers
- Our patient care: Our 3 hospitals, 40 outpatient locations with more than 120 clinics, and extensive home care operation handle 1.9 million visits, more than 45,000 hospital stays in 990 beds, and much more each year
- Our education: Both our Medical School and School of Nursing are highly ranked, and train thousands of tomorrow’s medical & science professionals
- Our research: Our $466M research budget - - one of the nation’s largest – allows us to find new ways to understand, diagnose, treat, manage and prevent many human diseases
- Our facilities: Our main medical campus & satellite locations throughout Michigan and northern Ohio include more than 11 million square feet.
- Our financial performance: We’re strong and growing, with a total operating budget of more than $3.3 billion
Need more facts? See our Fact Sheets & Hot Topics page for printable one-page sheets about many topics.