Updated March 4, 2021
Vaccine Distribution Update
Updated 2:30 pm, February 26, 2021
- 2,200 first dose appointments were opened on Friday February 26.
- These first-dose appointments are available to patients who have already received invitations to be vaccinated. If you previously received an invitation to schedule a vaccine appointment and were unable to schedule an appointment at the time, please log in to the MyUofMHealth patient portal to schedule your appointment. If you are not enrolled in the portal, please call the number listed on your vaccine invitation letter.
- The appointments may fill quickly. If you received an invitation to schedule a first-dose COVID-19 vaccine appointment and are unable to find an available time slot, your invitation remains open. We invite you to check back to this page, or the MyUofMHealth patient portal, to see when new first-dose appointments are being offered.
- Additional invitations to schedule first-dose vaccine appointments will be issued in waves to patients age 65 and older as needed to ensure we fill every available appointment and administer every available vaccine in the week we receive it.
- With more vaccine supply shifting to health departments and retail pharmacies, we encourage you to register with your county health department and retail pharmacies in your community where possible.
Visit our COVID-19 Vaccine Availability Update page to read the full weekly community update message.
We are committed to delivering COVID-19 vaccines to our communities as quickly and safely as possible. Please do not call or message your provider about scheduling a vaccine appointment as vaccine invitations are managed exclusively through our COVID-19 vaccine team.
Resources for Finding Vaccines in Your Area
We know it can be difficult to find up-to-date information about vaccine availability in your area. Here are some resources that may help:
- VaccineMI.com, a community-driven effort to help Michiganders access up-to-date information about vaccine availability throughout Michigan
- State of Michigan’s COVID-19 vaccine website and your local health department’s website
- Vaccine Providers in Washtenaw County page, for Washtenaw County residents
More Information and FAQs
For commonly asked questions and answers about vaccine ingredients, first and second doses, symptoms and side effects, and more, visit our COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ page.
If you are a Michigan Medicine employee, or a University of Michigan student, staff or faculty member, visit the FAQs About COVID-19 Vaccines page on Michigan Medicine Headlines for information about vaccine logistics and how to make a vaccination appointment.
For more details about who is included in each phase of vaccination and a chart showing vaccine progress at Michigan Medicine, visit our COVID-19 Vaccine Phases and Progress page.
COVID-19 Vaccinations at Michigan Medicine by the Numbers
As of end of day, Wednesday, March 4, 2021
Total COVID-19 Vaccination Doses at Michigan Medicine: 69,355
State of Michigan data: For detailed vaccine distribution data by region and county within the state of Michigan, visit the COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard page on the Michigan.gov site.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Visit the COVID-19 Email Updates page to sign up to receive regular email updates from Michigan Medicine with news, resources and patient care information about the coronavirus and vaccine.