Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES) provides emergency/urgent walk-in evaluation and crisis phone services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for people of all ages.
Call for Help
- U-M Psychiatric Emergency Services Crisis Phone service: 734-936-5900 available 24 hours / 7 days
- National Suicide Prevention Help Line: 800-273-TALK (8255)
The following services are provided:
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Treatment recommendations
- Crisis intervention
- Screening for inpatient psychiatric hospitalization and
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment referral information
Psychiatric Emergency Services is a program of the Department of Psychiatry.
Psychiatric Emergency Services is located at 1500 E. Medical Center Drive Floor B1, Room A240 Ann Arbor, MI 48109. Please use the Emergency Department entrance. View a Map to the Psychiatric Emergency Entrance.