Despite major advances in medicine, kidney disease continues to increase and has reached epidemic proportions worldwide. The Comprehensive Kidney Program at the University of Michigan Health System practices and teaches optimal care for patients with kidney diseases at all stages, and is committed to clinical research aimed at both better treatment and prevention of kidney-related health issues.
We serve patients from across the country in all areas of kidney disease (nephrology) including:
- Acute and chronic kidney diseases
- Cystic diseases of the kidney
- Fluid and electrolyte disorders
- Glomerulonephritis and glomerular diseases
- Kidney and pancreas transplantation
- Kidney-related metabolic disorders
- Kidney stones
- Rare and genetic kidney diseases
Many of the recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment of kidney disease require close collaboration between kidney specialists with diverse areas of expertise. In recognition of these advances, we have brought together a team of specialists to evaluate and treat patients with known or suspected kidney disease in a timely and coordinated manner. Our patients also have access to clinical research opportunities and cutting-edge treatments.
Our comprehensive clinics and services include:
- Glomerular Diseases Clinic – focuses on kidney diseases that affect the glomeruli – small filter parts of the kidney.
- Inherited Kidney Diseases Clinic – helps diagnose and treat adults with genetically determined kidney diseases.
- Stone Prevention Clinic – performs thorough evaluations to determine risk factors for formation of new kidney stones.
- Outpatient Dialysis Program – dialysis care provided by a team of dedicated faculty, nurses and technician at multiple locations.
- Inpatient Dialysis Program – a full-service, full-time acute dialysis unit providing renal replacement therapy.
- Interventional Nephrology – providing the latest dialysis access support for hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis patients.
- Dialysis Vascular Access Service – a cooperative clinical service for responsive vascular access treatment.
- University of Michigan Transplant Center – cutting edge kidney transplantation.
Take the Next Step
Schedule an appointment by calling us at 888-287-1084