Alcohol and Drugs, When Intoxicated Person May Need Immediate Care

If you are with a person who is drunk or high, it's a good idea to seek medical help right away if:

  • The person may have an injury.
  • The person is hard to wake up or cannot stay awake.
  • The person has vomited more than once and is not acting normal.
  • You're not comfortable taking care of the person, or you're not in an environment that is safe enough for you to take care of the person.

This information does not replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise, Incorporated, disclaims any warranty or liability for your use of this information. Your use of this information means that you agree to the Terms of Use. Learn how we develop our content.