- Compliment form (Making a Difference Award) to Human Resources
- Concern form (secure and confidential) to Patient Relations
Patients and families come first at Michigan Medicine. Our goal is to provide care, treatment and services that meet - and exceed - your expectations. Your valuable feedback provides us with an opportunity to improve, so if you have concerns about the care, treatment or services you or a family member received, we in Patient Relations & Clinical Risk want to know about it. We will make every effort to resolve concerns.
Please mail your concern or compliment to Patient Relations & Clinical Risk, 1500 E. Medical Center Dr. Rm UH2b228, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Patient Relations & Clinical Risk
If you have a concern, the recommended first course of action is talking to a member of the health care team that provided your care, treatment or service. If a health care team member is unable to resolve your concern, please contact the Patient Relations & Clinical Risk. Our staff provide an objective environment for you to raise concerns and ask questions. We will address your concerns in a fair and reasonable way, and ensure an impartial review.
- Phone: Call 734-936-4330 or toll-free 877-285-7788, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. If a recording is reached during normal business hours, please leave a message and a staff member will return the call. For immediate needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 734-936-4000 and ask to have Patient Relations & Clinical Risk paged at 1490.
- Walk-In: Patient Relations & Clinical Risk is located in University Hospital, Room UH 2B228, and open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – noon and 1-4 p.m., or by appointment.
- Online: Fill out this secure, confidential online for concerns.
- Mail-in: Please mail your concern or compliment to Patient Relations & Clinical Risk, 1500 E. Medical Center Dr. Rm UH2b228, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- Public Safety, Potential Violence, Theft, Loss Prevention, or Crimes Against Person or Property: Contact Security Services at 734-936-7890.
- Home Care Services: First, talk to your Home Care representative. If this doesn’t result in a satisfactory response, or if this is uncomfortable for you, please call the Quality & Compliance Manager toll-free at 1-800-862-2731.
- Mental Health Services: Contact our Recipient Rights Officer at 734-936-4323. (What are Recipient Rights?)
- Release of Information & Documentation: If you need to speak with someone about filling out a release of information form or other documentation, call Health Information Management at 734-936-5490.
- Support Services & Community Resources: Contact the Guest Assistance Program at 734-764-6893.
As a health care consumer, you have the right to contact The Joint Commission toll-free at 1-800-994-6610 if you are not satisfied with the resolution provided by Michigan Medicine.
If you are happy with the care you received, why not let the doctor, nurse, staff member or entire unit know? We invite you to share your positive experience in one of the following ways:
- Online: Fill out a Making a Difference Award. These forms also are available at all hospital Welcome Centers.
- Mail: Fill out a postage-paid “Patient Comments” card available at all hospital Welcome Centers and drop it in any U.S. mailbox.