At Michigan Medicine our goal is to provide the best healthcare experience possible. So, if we fall short of your expectations, we want to know about it.
You have the right to express any concerns you may have. The recommended first course of action is to speak with the medical team responsible for the patient’s care, treatment, or service. Patient Relations and Clinical Risk is the destination for patients and families when the healthcare provided fails to meet expectations and talking with your health care team has not achieved resolution. Our staff provide an objective environment for you to raise concerns and ask questions. We will address your concerns in a fair and reasonable way, and ensure an impartial review.
We want and need your feedback, comments and questions so that we can improve for you and for future patients. After you speak with us, we will work to address your concerns or questions.
Contact Patient Relations and Clinical Risk with Concerns About:
- Our Services
- Your Care
- Our Employees
What Our Review Includes:
- A discussion with you or your family representative so that we understand your concerns.
- Contacting staff and/or leadership involved with your care.
- Identification and sharing of opportunities for improvement and lessons learned.
- Follow up with you.
What to Expect for Resolution:
- Every effort will be made to resolve your concern or explain the care received.
- Please allow at least 30 business days for us to perform a thorough review. We will contact you as soon as our review is completed.
How to Contact us:
Phone: (734)963-4330 or toll free at (877)285-7788 Monday – Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
Walk-in: The Patient Relations and Clinical Risk office is located in University Hospital, Room UH 2B228. Open for walk-in assistance M-F 8am-noon and 1-4pm, or by appointment.
Mail: Please mail your complaint to Patient Relations & Clinical Risk,
1500 E. Medical Center Dr. Rm UH2B228, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
When You have the Following Concerns:
- Locating lost belongings call Security at (734)936-7890
- Requests for medical records Call Medical Records at (734)936-5490
- Billing or health insurance questions Call Patient Financial Services at (734)615-0863
- Financial resources and assistance Call the Guest Assistance Program at (734)764-6893
Other Review Agencies
As a health care consumer, you have the right to contact the following agencies if you are not satisfied with the care you received from Michigan Medicine.
LARA – Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Bureau of Health Care Services
Health Facilities Division
PO Box 30664, Lansing, MI 48909
800-822-6006 (toll free)
KEPRO – Medicare Quality of Care Complaints
[KEPRO Area 4 – Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Wisconsin]
5201 W. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 900, Tampa, FL 33609
855-408-8557 (toll free)