The Orthotics and Prosthetics Center at the University of Michigan is among the few University based facilities in the country that offer comprehensive orthotic and prosthetic services and has been awarded the maximum three-year accreditation by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics, Inc. Our experts asses each patient’s individual needs and custom design orthoses and prostheses to meet those needs. An orthosis (plural: orthoses) is an orthopedic brace while a prosthesis, (plural: prostheses) is an artificial limb. We take a multidisciplinary approach to your care. This multidisciplinary team will work together with you to formulate and implement the best treatment plan according to your goals, activity level and lifestyle. Depending on your individual needs, your team may include:
- Prosthetist: A health care professional specifically educated and trained to measure, design, fabricate, fit, or service prostheses as prescribed by a licensed physician.
- Orthotist: A health care professional specifically educated and trained to measure, design, fabricate, fit, or service orthoses as prescribed by a licensed physician.
- Pedorthist: A health care professional who specializes in the use of footwear and foot orthoses to address conditions which affect the feet.
Orthotics and Prosthetics Services
Our services include:
- Education about the various prostheses and orthoses available
- Evaluating, designing, fabricating, fitting, and adjusting of orthoses and/or prostheses
- Training you and your family on the proper wear and care of your orthosis or prosthesis
- Providing follow-up care as needed
Our outpatient center is conveniently located in Ann Arbor, minutes from I-94 and US-23. and a new location in Northville. Free parking and easy access to the facility is available. Call ahead and we can provide wheelchair support. We require prescriptions for most of our orthotics and prosthetics services. Some walk-in services are available. Please call ahead.
Bob Austin, CPed
Eric Broekhuizen, CO
Alicia Davis, MPA, CPO, FAAOP
Alicia Foster, CPO
Marilyn Haubenstricker, CO
Molly Hill, CPO
Charl Greene, CPed
Jacob Helmer, CPed
Jody Lecursi, CPed
Ammanath Peethambaran, MS, CO, FAAOP
Sara Pschigoda Wagner, MSPO, CPO
Steven Strasburg, CO
Mark K. Taylor, MS, CPO, FAAOP
Jamie Timmons, CPed
Gregory Vessels, CPO
Jeffrey Wensman, BSME, CPO
Leslie Wontorcik, CP
Heather Wood, CPO
Megan Zachar, CPO