Sunday, October 30 • 8 am - 5 pm • Free parking
U-M's largest life-saving donation drive
A full day of family fun:
- Free t-shirts.
- Get a snapshot over the stadium.
- Watch the Lions’ game on TV.
- Drawing for fabulous prizes.
- Join the Twitter feed.
- Grab a doughnut and cider and enjoy the view from the VIP level seats.
- Meet Motty the Mott Block, Buddy the Blood Drop, and Cornelius the Eye. Watch the Mascot Dance-off.
- See displays of U-M athletic memorabilia.
- Kids’ game areas: Disk Drop Game, Star Ring Toss, Bubba Blocks, coloring, and crafts.
- Donors get valuable coupons from local vendors.
- Listen to the Men’s Glee Club at 2:00 p.m.
- Check out the kids costume contest at noon and 3:00 p.m.
See last year’s Be a Hero at the Big House at http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/11/be_a_hero_at_the_big_house_col.html
* At bone marrow donor registry drives, we focus on recruiting new registry members ages 18 to 44. This is based on medical research that shows younger donors are best for patients and provide the greatest chance for transplant success. Because of this, doctors request donors in the 18 to 44 age group over 90% of the time.
If you are between the ages of 45 and 60 and want to join the bone marrow registry, you must do so online. You will be asked to make a $100 payment to cover the cost to join.