For expert sources, information on our press releases, or other immediate help, call 734-764-2220 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
For requests with non-urgent deadlines, send a message to MichMedmedia@med.umich.edu.
After business hours or on weekends or holidays, members of the media may call 734-764-2220 to page a media team member for patient condition reports or highly urgent matters.
- For news-related updates on patients in our hospitals: First, read these guidelines for release of one-word patient conditions. Any further information release to the media, or visit to a patient, requires a signed consent from the patient or his/her legal representative, and must be arranged through our team.
- Any visit by media to our facilities requires advance approval and an escort by a member of our team. Members of the media who seek to observe, photograph or film an operation at Michigan Medicine must provide proof of vaccination during the approval process for the visit.
Our main "beats" are listed below; click the name to e-mail the media team member you want to reach. For urgent inquiries, call 734-764-2220 and ask to speak with her or him. If you don't see the topic you need help with, call us!
- Mary Masson, Director of Public Relations - UMHS leadership and administration
- Ed Bottomley, Social Media Strategist
- Nicole Fawcett, Cancer. Bio Information
- Mary Clare Fischer: Cancer, Urology, Transplant and General Surgery. Bio Information
- Noah Fromson: Neurosciences and Cardiology. Bio Information
- Kara Gavin, Institute for Healthcare Policy & Innovation (IHPI), General Medicine/Hospital Medicine, Psychiatry/Addiction, Geriatrics, Family Medicine. Bio Information
- Valerie Goodwin, Radiology, Rheumatology, Orthopaedic Surgery, PM&R, and Women’s and Children’s
- Jordyn Imhoff, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Kellogg Eye Center, Nephrology and Michigan Health Blog writer. Bio Information
- Kelly Malcom, Basic biomedical science research, health policy, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Infectious Disease, Pathology and Anesthesiology. Bio Information
- Beata Mostafavi, Children’s Health/C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, Women’s Health. Bio Information
- Jina Sawani Musto, U-M Medical School, Gastroenterology/Digestive diseases, Otolaryngology and Government Relations. Bio Information
- Tessa Roy, Emergency Medicine/Survival Flight, Dermatology/Allergy, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Nephrology, Kellogg Eye Center, and Women’s and Children’s
The Michigan Medicine media team is part of the Department of Communication.
Other Media Contacts at U-M
- All other academic areas of U-M (including Public Health, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, Kinesiology): Michigan News, 734-764-7260
- Institution-wide news and issues: Office of Public Affairs, 734-936-5190
- Police/fire news: Division of Public Safety & Security, 734 -936-2323
- Michigan Medicine Newsroom for a combined feed of all the stories we produce.
- Michigan Health Lab Stories about our research and innovations in clinical care and biomedical education, published daily
- Michigan Health Blog Stories of our patients, and advice from our clinicians for healthy living and disease care
- Michigan Medicine Headlines (published daily for faculty and staff of Michigan Medicine)
- Medicine at Michigan magazine (published by the Medical Development office)
- Michigan News Global news portals: Hindi | Chinese (Mandarin) | Spanish | Portuguese
- University Record