If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 immediately.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, we can help you understand your options and direct you to the right program. Please note that some services require a physician referral, and we can assist you in the process. You may also call one of the numbers below:
• General Information (Connecting calls to patients and all UMHS services and staff, and paging services): Our hospital operators are available to assist at 1-734-936-4000.
• New Patient Appointment: Call 1-800-211-8181 8a.m. to 5p.m. M-F to speak with a Patient Service Representative about University of Michigan Health System services and providers.
• TTY (Text telephone for hearing-impaired patients): 1-800-649-3777.
• Comprehensive Cancer Center: Visit the Appointments page on mcancer.org or call 1-800-865-1125.
• Frankel Cardiovascular Center: Visit the Make an Appointment page on UMCVC.org or call 1-888-287-1082.
• Mott Children’s Hospital: Visit the Make an Appointment page on Mottchildren.org or call 1-877-475-MOTT.
• Women’s Services: Helps provide information about services specific to women. Call 1-855-58-WOMAN.
Scheduling Appointments Online
If you have signed up for an account on the MyUofMHealth.org patient portal, you can manage and request appointments with your U-M physician online. Under the “Appointments” tab on MyUofMHealth.org, you can view upcoming or past appointments, cancel appointments up to 24 hours before your schedule time, and request a new appointment. For more information, visit our Scheduling Appointments Online page.
Insurance and Billing
The University of Michigan Health System accepts most insurance plans including managed care plans. For more information about insurance coverage, visit our Insurance page. For questions about billing, visit our Billing and Financial Assistance page or call 855-855-0863 (local: 734-615-0863).