If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 immediately.
If you are a new patient and would like to schedule an appointment, the hospital operator can refer you to a clinic that can assist you:
- Hospital Operator and General Information: Our hospital operators are available 24 hours/7 days a week at 1-734-936-4000
- TTY (Text telephone for hearing-impaired patients): 1-800-649-3777
If you would like to schedule an appointment with a physician at one of our specialty centers, please call one of the numbers below. Note that some services require a physician referral, and the patient services representatives for the call centers can assist you in the process.
- Comprehensive Cancer Center: Visit the Appointments page on mcancer.org or call 1-800-865-1125
- Frankel Cardiovascular Center: Visit the Make an Appointment page on umcvc.org or call 1-888-287-1082
- Kellogg Eye Center: Visit the Make an Appointment page on UMKelloggEye.org or call 1-734-764-4190
- Mott Children’s Hospital: Visit the Make an Appointment page on Mottchildren.org or call 1-877-475-MOTT
- Women’s Services: Helps provide information about services specific to women. Call 1-855-58-WOMAN
Scheduling Appointments Online
If you have signed up for an account on the MyUofMHealth.org patient portal, you can manage and request appointments with your U-M physician online. Under the “Appointments” tab on MyUofMHealth.org, you can view upcoming or past appointments, cancel appointments up to 24 hours before your schedule time, and request a new appointment. For more information, visit our Scheduling Appointments Online page.
Insurance and Billing
The University of Michigan Health System accepts most insurance plans including managed care plans. For more information about insurance coverage, visit our Insurance page. For questions about billing, visit our Billing and Financial Assistance page or call 855-855-0863 (local: 734-615-0863).