Through linkages with other health care & nonprofit institutions, we share our expertise and learn from others to foster better care, research & education in Michigan & beyond.
- Michigan Medicine and Saint Joseph Mercy Health System are working to establish a joint venture for the 133-bed St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea (SJMC) hospital, located in Chelsea. The two parties have signed a letter of intent launching a due diligence period during which final details of the joint venture will be determined. Read more here: http://www.uofmhealth.org/news/archive/201703/saint-joseph-mercy-health-system-michigan-medicine-announce
- Metro Health and the University of Michigan have joined together to provide high-value, compassionate care to the west side of Michigan. Metro Health and the University of Michigan will embark on an affiliation that builds upon the strengths of the world-class U-M academic medical center and a very successful community-based health system. Together the two organizations will focus on bringing increased health care innovation to west Michigan and beyond. Read more here: http://www.uofmhealth.org/news/archive/201612/metro-health-university-michigan-launch-new-affiliation
- MidMichigan Health: In June 2013, we signed an affiliation agreement with this four-hospital system serving 14 counties of the middle Lower Peninsula. The affiliation will ease access to U-M specialty care for MidMichigan Health patients, and gives us a small minority equity interest and two seats on the board of directors. Learn more here.
The new co-brand mark for MidMichigan Health, incorporating the University of Michigan brand.
- Trinity Health - Michigan: Under our master affiliation agreement signed in 2012, we have launched, expanded or maintained a number of joint initiatives, including:
- A doubling of our Family Medicine inpatient capacity at St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea Hospital
- A new jointly operated Acute Care for Elders unit at Saint Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Hospital
- Survival Flight air medical service for the four Saint Joseph Mercy Health System hospitals
- A Pioneer Accountable Care Organization that includes the 237 physicians of the IHA group
- The Washtenaw Health Initiative, a community effort to expand access to care in the county
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System:
More than 700 of our faculty physicians, plus residents, care for veterans in VA hospitals & clinics, and study issues related to veterans’ health. The VA leases space at our North Campus Research Complex so that research teams can work closely together as part of the Institute for Healthcare Policy & Innovation.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan:
- Sparrow Health System:
Our Mott Children’s Hospital works with Sparrow Children’s Center to care for Lansing-area children. Survival Flight serves as Sparrow’s air medical service.
- Pennant Health Alliance: 7 hospitals in west Michigan, including Trinity locations, have joined us to improve clinical, financial, IT & purchasing performance while staying independent.
- Physician Organization of Michigan (POM) & POM ACO:
Our partnership with a large physician group led to the launch of POM ACO, an accountable care organization under the Medicare Shared Savings Program that has been joined by 5,700 physicians and other providers in 12 physician groups and 22 Michigan counties -- including our own physicians and other providers. POM ACO is now working to improve the care of 120,000 Medicare beneficiaries across the state.
- Radiation Oncology Network: Seven cancer therapy centers across the state partner with us to provide advanced radiation therapy to patients, and access to clinical trials.
- Cardiac Surgery affiliations:
At Crittenton Hospital in Rochester & Allegiance in Jackson, U-M heart surgeons work with local teams, bringing advanced services close to home.
- Rehabilitation partners: Patients get optimal post-hospital care via partnerships between our geriatrics teams & the staff at four sub-acute care facilities in Ann Arbor & Canton.
- Paradigm: Formed with the International Genomics Consortium, this nonprofit company will help patients get care based on their DNA profiles, and create a biorepository for researchers.
- Public schools: The Regional Alliance for Healthy Schools offers clinics in 10 Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti schools, caring for underserved kids & training U-M health science students & residents
We partner with Hurley Medical Center for emergency & pediatric care, Munson Healthcare for neurosurgery, cancer care & children’s specialty care, Michigan Dialysis Services & more.