The University of Michigan Priority Gallbladder Clinic is a unique service for patients needing gallbladder surgery.
Patients referred to the clinic are guaranteed surgery within two weeks if they meet the following criteria:
- Able to climb a flight of stairs or walk a city block without stopping or shortness of breath
- Not currently taking blood thinners or Suboxone
- Do not have an implanted cardiac device
- Do not have any significant cardiac disease
- Have not had a seizure in the past 6 months
- Have not had a stroke or TIA in the past 6 months
- Do not have severe pulmonary disease
- Are not pregnant
- Have not previously had an organ transplant
- Have not been admitted to the hospital in the past year for cardiac or breathing issues
Patients who do not meet these criteria will also be seen within our General Surgery clinics within two weeks, with cholecystectomy scheduled as appropriate once we ensure patients are properly prepared with respect to any underlying pre-existing medical conditions.
|Monday - Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|