Housing Assistance for People 55 and Older
The Housing Bureau for Seniors recognizes that stable housing is imperative to physical and mental well-being. HBS informs and empowers older adults and those who care about them with guidance and resources regarding sustainable housing.
Visit our Housing Bureau for Seniors Programs and Events page for a list and description of the programs we offer.
What We Do
- Provide seniors, caregivers, and family members support and access to the resources they need to find and maintain permanent, sustainable housing.
- Help to prevent homelessness among older adult renters through our Elderly Eviction Prevention program.
- Provide one-on-one assistance to hundreds of individuals annually, and reach countless others through community events, educational programs and other outreach efforts.
- Offer decision-making tools and resources to assess options around housing transistions with our Housing Counseling program.
- Assist older adult homeowners to maintain home ownership and navigate barriers around mortgages and property taxes through our Foreclosure Prevention program.
Learn more about how we help prevent both literal and hidden homelessness by visiting the "Housing is Healthcare: We Have Answers to Your Questions" section on our About Housing Bureau for Seniors page.
The Housing Bureau for Seniors is located at the KMS Building on South State Street in Ann Arbor. Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please feel free to make an appointment during those hours. You may also call 734-998-9339 or email us at email@example.com.
Please Note: In order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the HBS team is working remotely. Our dedication to quality service delivery remains the same.
Housing Bureau for Seniors
3621 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48108