COVID-19 Vaccine Info and Update
We have formed a vaccine task force to oversee the process of preparing for and distributing the COVID-19 vaccine at Michigan Medicine. Visit our COVID-19 Vaccine Information and Updates page to learn more.
Help Us Find a Way to Protect Against COVID-19
Michigan Medicine is now partnering with two different industry sponsors on multi-site, international efforts researching investigational vaccines for the prevention of COVID-19.
- AstraZeneca: The AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine study is evaluating the investigational vaccine AZD1222
- Janssen: The Janssen COVID-19 vaccine study is evaluating the investigational vaccine Ad26.COV2.S (also known as “ENSEMBLE”). Please note: We have reached our capacity for enrollees in the Janssen trial but are still looking for volunteers for the AstraZeneca trial above.
All vaccines must be tested in clinical research studies before they can be approved for public use. Without people taking part in clinical studies, we cannot advance vaccine research.
Who Can Take Part in these Trials?
You may be eligible to take part if you:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Are in good or stable health (you may have an underlying medical condition and still take part, if your disease is stable)
- Do not have a previously confirmed diagnosis, or current diagnosis, of COVID-19
To take part in either of these studies, you must meet all other criteria.
Learn More and Volunteer
Visit the COVID-19 vaccine trials page on UMHealthResearch.org to discover if you are eligible and learn more about these trials.
Visit UMHealthResearch.org to learn more about other coronavirus-related clinical research studies at the University of Michigan.
Email the study teams: