Schedule a Vaccine Appointment at Michigan Medicine
For information about how to schedule a vaccine appointment at Michigan Medicine, including for established Michigan Medicine patients, non-Michigan Medicine patients, and anyone who needs a second dose after receiving a first dose elsewhere, visit our Vaccine information and Update page.
Other Vaccine Options
The best way to get vaccinated as soon as possible is to explore additional opportunities to be vaccinated through vaccine finder search tools, mass vaccination clinics, pharmacies, and local health departments. See the list below for options in each of these categories.
- CVS/Target (select locations in Michigan)
- Grass Lake Community Pharmacy
- iPharmacy Livonia, Michigan
- Rite Aid
- SpartanNash grocery store pharmacies, look for "COVID-19 Vaccine" on these websites:
- Weatherwax Pharmacy, Jackson, MI (interest form)
How to Let Us Know If You Have Been Vaccinated Elsewhere
For U-M Students or Employees: Visit the U-M Vaccine page on the Campus Blueprint website to get more vaccine information for the U-M campus community, including information about how to report your vaccination status.
For Michigan Medicine Patients: If you are a Michigan Medicine patient who has been vaccinated by a non-Michigan Medicine provider, we ask that you update your patient record with your vaccination information. This is especially important for patients who were vaccinated through the VA or by out-of-state providers and helps ensure your vaccination records are up-to-date. For detailed instructions on how to update your patient record, follow the directions below:
- Log into your MyUofMHealth patient portal account.
- Click on the "Menu" button at the top of the screen.
- Select “COVID-19” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Update” to query the state immunization registry (MCIR)
- Allow the system to complete the search for potential matches in the state immunization registry
- 6A: If a match is found in the system, you can review the data that is returned and choose to confirm that the information is correct in order to automatically reconcile the immunizations to your patient record. If you believe the data is incorrect, you can choose “No, make corrections”, and then skip down the page to follow the instructions outlined in step 7 below in order to enter the vaccination information manually.
6B: If no matches are found, you will receive the message “We didn’t get an update from state registries”. To manually enter your vaccination details, please click on “Enter vaccine details”
- Complete the COVID-19 Vaccination Information questionnaire, including a picture of your vaccination card, and submit for review.
If you are not a MyUofMHealth patient portal user, please bring your vaccine documentation to your next appointment so we can update your medical records to reflect your vaccination.
About the State of Michigan Vaccine Database
If you were vaccinated in the State of Michigan (excluding the VA), your vaccination record will be entered into a statewide database (MCIR) that securely connects with our electronic medical record system. If your medical record shows that you have been vaccinated through another provider in the State of Michigan, you will not receive an invitation to be vaccinated at Michigan Medicine. This helps us move on to offer other patients vaccination once we have the reassurance that you have already received your immunization.
If you were vaccinated by Veterans Affairs (the VA) or an out-of-state provider, your vaccine will not be registered into the statewide database.