No medical healthcare provider referrals are necessary for gender affirming medical care of any kind at Michigan Medicine. If you have a patient who is interested in gender affirming medical care, encourage your patient to fill out the Service Inquiry Form and the patient may return the form to CGSP.
When CGSP receives the form from the patient, CGSP staff will be in touch with the patient to discuss the next steps for the service(s) the patient is seeking.
If you are listed as the PCP for a patient and your patient signs a release of information, Michigan Medicine medical and mental health providers involved in your patient’s care may correspond with you regarding the patient’s care.
- Caring for Transgender/Gender Nonconforming Patients and Visitors (video series)
- Improving Ob/Gyn Care for Transgender and Non-Binary Individuals (video series)
- UCSF Guidelines for Caring for Transgender Patients
- Guidelines for Insurance Claims/Denials
- Michigan Forward in Enhancing Research and Community Equity (from UofM’s Center for Sexuality and Health Disparities)