Thoracic Surgery at the University of Michigan offers a wide range of patient education and support services to meet the needs of our patients, families and caregivers. These resources will help prepare you for what to expect during your experience with Thoracic Surgery at Michigan Medicine.
Resources and Programs
Learn more about how we can help you before and after your surgery. Our esophagectomy support group brings together those anticipating an esophagectomy procedure and those who have already undergone it. We help prepare you for a successful recovery after surgery through our MSHOP program.
Use these instructions to prepare for your diagnostic tests.
Pre and Post-Operative Instructions
Refer to these instructions to learn more about your care before and after your surgery.
- Preparing for Esophagectomy
- Preparing for Hiatal Hernia
- Preparing for Laparoscopic Nissen
- Meal Planning After Laparoscopic Nissen
- Preparing for Laparoscopic Myotomy
- Meal Planning After Laparoscopic Myotomy
- Preparing for Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy
- Preparing for Thoracotomy (Lung Surgery)
- Preparing for Thoracoscopic Procedure
- Preparing for Upper Endoscopy
Watch our educational videos to learn more about your procedure from our physicians.
- What is an Esophagectomy?
- Hiatal Hernias
- Esophagectomy Support Group
- Hiatal Hernia Repair
- Transhiatal Esophagectomy and Cervical Esophago - Gastric Anastomosis
- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery for Stage I and II Lung Cancer
Contact Us / Make an Appointment
Get in touch! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
To make a new appointment, please call us at (734) 936-4973.
For questions during office hours or follow-up appointments, please contact the Thoracic Surgery Nurses/Clinic at 734-936-8857.
For after hours or on the weekend, please use hospital paging to contact the on call general thoracic surgery resident at 734-936-6267.