To make an appointment at the U-M center for Sexual Health, call the intake coordinator at 734-763-4963
- You do not need a referral to make an appointment.
- All calls are confidential
The center for sexual health is located at the East Ann Arbor Health Center
4260 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
When you arrive at the East Ann Arbor Health Center you will go to the lower level. The center for sexual health is located next to the Java City Café. Upon arrival, please sign in at the desk and then take a seat in the waiting area.
What to expect when you call
- You will either reach our administrative assistant or a confidential voice mail, please leave a confidential message for a prompt return call to schedule your appointment
- Brief initial information will be taken over the telephone to determine your eligibility to be seen at the clinic
What to expect at your first visit
- At the appointment, you and your therapist will discuss your concerns. In some cases, additional information or a medical evaluation may also be requested from a medical provider
- First visits typically last 1-1.5 hours, follow-up visits typically last 45-60 minutes
- At your first appointment expect to fill out a number of questionnaires when you arrive
- As in all areas of the medical center, services within the clinic are confidential
- NO physical examination, nor prescription of medications are offered at the center for sexual health
- NO sexual activity is ever practiced in the therapist’s office
Will insurance cover the cost of the appointment?
Sex therapy is a form of mental health counseling. Some insurance will cover the cost. However, you can also ask about ‘out of pocket' payment. Questions about appointment costs and your insurance coverage can be discussed with the administrative assistant who schedules your appointment. However, it is important that you personally check your insurance coverage as well to avoid any misunderstanding.
Can health professionals refer to the U-M center for sexual health?
Medical referrals are not needed for an appointment at the center for sexual health; preferably patients themselves initiate treatment upon your recommendation by calling the center. However, you may contact us with questions and patient information as needed. The clinic phone number is 734-763-4963.