The Michigan Medicine Facial Nerve Clinic, located inside the Kellogg Eye Center, offers fully integrated multidisciplinary care for patients with facial nerve disorders. Our team sees patients with a range of conditions, including:
- Facial paralysis
- Facial paresis
- Facial nerve synkinesis (uncoordinated or unintentional facial movements)
- Eyelid malposition
- Exposure keratopathy related to facial nerve disorders
- Facial asymmetry related to facial nerve disorders
The facial nerve and facial muscles impact everyday functions, including eating, speaking, smiling, and blinking or closing the eyes. Patients often need to see several specialists from different medical services. Our clinic brings together numerous specialties in one location to streamline treatment as much as possible. Specialists work together with one other as well as with referring physicians to create customized treatment plans for each patient. Read more about the clinic and our team.
Facial Nerve Clinic specialties:
- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Pediatric plastic surgery
- Comprehensive ophthalmology
- Corneal surgery
- Occupational therapy and neuromuscular retraining
- Social work
Make an appointment
- Patients can be referred by their physician or schedule an appointment by calling 734-764-5106.
- Before the first appointment, new patients will undergo a pre-appointment screening by phone. This is used to develop the itinerary for the visit.
- Appointments requiring several specialists will be scheduled for the same day and location as much as possible.