If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 immediately.
If you are a new patient and would like to schedule an appointment with a primary care physician, visit our Primary Care and Wellness page, click on the type of doctor you would like to see from the list in the center of the page, then click on the physicians tab in the upper right corner of the page.
After Hours: To learn about after-hours care options for our primary care patients, including E-Visits and our after-hours phone service, visit our After Hours Care for Primary Care Patients page.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with a physician at one of our specialty centers, please call one of the numbers below. Note that some services require a physician referral, and the patient services representatives for the call centers can assist you in the process.
- Rogel Cancer Center: Visit the Appointments page on rogelcancercenter.org or call 1-800-865-1125
- Frankel Cardiovascular Center: Visit the Make a Cardiovascular Appointment page on umcvc.org or call 1-888-287-1082
- Kellogg Eye Center: Visit the Make an Appointment page on UMKelloggEye.org or call 1-734-763-8122
- Mott Children’s Hospital: Visit the Make an Appointment page on Mottchildren.org or call 1-877-475-6688
- Women’s Services: Visit the Make an Appointment page on UMWomensHealth.org or call 1-855-589-6626
With Michigan Medicine Virtual Care, our patients can access the same world-class care they are used to from the comfort and convenience of home.
Video Visits: Many appointments for non-emergency care or care that doesn’t require an in-person physical exam can be done through a Video Visit. Ask your Michigan Medicine provider if your appointment can be done through a Video Visit.
Scheduling Appointments Online
If you have signed up for an account on the MyUofMHealth patient portal, you can manage and request appointments with your U-M physician online. Under the “Appointments” tab on MyUofMHealth.org, you can view upcoming or past appointments, cancel appointments up to 24 hours before your schedule time, and request a new appointment. Visit MyUofMHealth to register for or log into the patient portal.
For questions about appointments that are not covered by the information above, the hospital operator may be able refer you to a clinic that can assist you:
- Hospital Operator and General Information: Our hospital operators are available 24 hours/7 days a week at 1-734-936-4000
- TTY (Text telephone for hearing-impaired patients): 1-800-649-3777
Insurance and Billing
The University of Michigan Health System accepts most insurance plans including managed care plans. For more information about insurance coverage, visit our Insurance page. For questions about billing, visit our Billing and Bill Payment page or call 1-855-855-0863 (local: 1-734-615-0863).