Through linkages with other health care & nonprofit institutions, we share our expertise and learn from others to foster better care, research & education in Michigan & beyond.
- Allegiance Health: In December 2013, we announced a proposed affiliation with Allegiance Health in Jackson that would expand on our existing cooperation with this 480-bed, 40-location health system serving four counties. We already work together to provide radiation oncology care for cancer patients, open-heart surgery, pediatric cardiology services and other services to Allegiance Health patients. Now, we seek to affiliate in a way that would make Allegiance Health part of U-M.
Learn more about this proposal at www.uofmhealth.org/allegiance
- MidMichigan Health: In June 2013, we signed an affiliation agreement with this four-hospital system serving 14 counties of the middle Lower Peninsula. The affiliation will ease access to U-M specialty care for MidMichigan Health patients, and gives us a small minority equity interest and two seats on the board of directors. Learn more here.
The new co-brand mark for MidMichigan Health, incorporating the University of Michigan brand.
- Trinity Health - Michigan: Under our master affiliation agreement signed in 2012, we have launched, expanded or maintained a number of joint initiatives, including:
- A doubling of our Family Medicine inpatient capacity at Chelsea Community Hospital
- A new jointly operated Acute Care for Elders unit at Saint Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Hospital
- Survival Flight air medical service for the four Saint Joseph Mercy Health System hospitals
- A Pioneer Accountable Care Organization that includes the 237 physicians of the IHA group
- The Washtenaw Health Initiative, a community effort to expand access to care in the county
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System:
More than 700 of our faculty physicians, plus residents, care for veterans in VA hospitals & clinics, and study issues related to veterans’ health. The VA leases space at our North Campus Research Complex so that research teams can work closely together as part of the Institute for Healthcare Policy & Innovation.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan:
- Sparrow Health System:
Our Mott Children’s Hospital works with Sparrow Children’s Center to care for Lansing-area children. Survival Flight serves as Sparrow’s air medical service.
- Pennant Health Alliance: 7 hospitals in west Michigan, including Trinity locations, have joined us to improve clinical, financial, IT & purchasing performance while staying independent.
- Physician Organization of Michigan (POM) & POM ACO:
Our partnership with a large physician group led to the launch of POM ACO, an accountable care organization that has been joined by 7 other physician groups and is now working to improve the care of tens of thousands of Medicare beneficiaries across the state.
- Radiation Oncology Network: Seven cancer therapy centers across the state partner with us to provide advanced radiation therapy to patients, and access to clinical trials.
- Cardiac Surgery affiliations:
At Crittenton Hospital in Rochester & Allegiance in Jackson, U-M heart surgeons work with local teams, bringing advanced services close to home.
- Rehabilitation partners: Patients get optimal post-hospital care via partnerships between our geriatrics teams & the staff at four sub-acute care facilities in Ann Arbor & Canton.
- Paradigm: Formed with the International Genomics Consortium, this nonprofit company will help patients get care based on their DNA profiles, and create a biorepository for researchers.
- Public schools: The Regional Alliance for Healthy Schools offers clinics in 10 Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti schools, caring for underserved kids & training U-M health science students & residents
We partner with Hurley Medical Center for emergency & pediatric care, Munson Healthcare for neurosurgery & children’s specialty care, Michigan Dialysis Services & more.