Medical School or Training
Temple University School of Medicine, 1988
University of Michigan Health System, Internal Medicine, MI, 1991
Internal Medicine Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Health System, 1994
American Gastroenterological Association Fellow
Fellow American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Dr Fisher's research interests include:
- Wireless capsule endoscopy for the evaluation of obscure gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding and inflammatory conditions of the small bowel
- Acute and chronic rejection after liver transplantation
- Treatment for Helicobacter pylori-induced gastric and duodenal injury
- Alcoholic liver disease and liver transplantation
- Reynolds project on geriatric issues in gastroenterology.
Dr. Fisher completed her residency and fellowship training at the University of Michigan (U-M) and then joined the faculty in 1994. Her clinics and procedure sites are located at the main hospital in Ann Arbor and in the U-M Livonia Center for Specialty Care. Dr. Fisher is the Director of the Capsule Endoscopy Program at the University of Michigan. She sees patients with obscure gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding, inflammatory bowel disorders, reflux disease, hepatitis C, and other disorders of the GI tract.