The University of Michigan Health System is committed to providing the highest quality health care as well as outstanding service concerning insurance and patient billing.
Our team is available to assist you with all aspects of your financial aspects of your care.
For Billing & Insurance Questions: Toll-Free 855-855-0863
Local Call 734-615-0863
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
To update your account information: Toll-Free 866-452-9896
Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Insurance Plans accepted by the University of Michigan Health System
- Patients are responsible for any expenses not covered by insurance.
- If you are unable to pay your bill, please see the Financial Assistance page.
- Be prepared to make payment at the time of service for co-pays and non-covered services if your insurance company requires a co-pay or out-of-pocket expense.
- Communicate with your insurance company to understand your benefits, coverage, limitations and procedures.
- All patients are responsible for balances due on their accounts, and payment is due upon receipt of the bill.
- The billing statement will include all expenses not paid by insurance and a due date.
- All professional and hospital charges will be on a single billing statement.
- Professional bills include physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant and other medical professional services.
- Patients can elect to receive one statement that includes minor dependents by selecting “Family Billing”.
- Pay your bill online
Pay Your Bill by Mail
University of Michigan Health System
Patient Customer Services
Palatine, Illionis 60055-4410