PFCC Video Contest Winners Announced
Eight videos were submitted to this year’s Patient and Family Centered Care (PFCC) Video Contest answering the question, ‘What does PFCC mean to you?’ Videos ranged from puppet shows to one-person testimonials. One child talked about his positive experiences with the UMHS Pediatric Audiology Department while in other videos, entire units collaborated to describe what patient- and family-centered care meant to them.
“We thank everyone who participated on the PFCC Video Contest,” said PFCC Program Manager Celeste Castillo Lee. “We had to choose a top three and it was incredibly hard. All of the videos were fantastic!”
The top three winners scored very high in the categories of clarity, illustrating the patient’s perspective, linking partnering to better outcomes, promoting diversity, and creativity. All three winners will receive PFCC jackets and the top three videos will be highlighted on UMHS websites.
The top three winners for 2015 are…
- First Place: 6B Internal Medicine Unit
- Second Place: Kellogg Eye Center
- Third Place: 7W Adult Bone Marrow Transplant
The UMHS PFCC Video Contest is designed to give UMHS staff, faculty, volunteers, patients and families the opportunity to describe patient & family-centered care by answering the question:
What does PFCC mean to you?
This is your chance to be creative while celebrating PFCC throughout UMHS.
- Video must not exceed 2 minutes
- The submissions will be accepted through April15.
- Videos could be used in presentations and UMHS websites.
- Videos must not mention any identifiable patient information or include patients in the videos without written authorization from the patient or his/her authorized legal representative.
- Videos must not contain copyrighted songs. We have identified two sites that allow you to select music and purchase at a very cheap rate to use for your video. You can find a wide variety of music to use at:
How to Enter Contest:
- Create your video following the listed guidelines that answers the question “What does PFCC mean to you?”
- Upload the video to your personal YouTube channel.
- Submit your entry via e-mail to UMHS-PFCC@med.umich.edu
- Subject line of e-mail: PFCC video contest submission
- Include in the body of the e-mail:
- Your name
- The title of your video
- The link to your video (see above)
Creating a YouTube
- How to create a personal YouTube channel:
- Go to http://www.youtube.com/
- Click “Sign in”
- Sign in using your Google account (Gmail)
- If you do not have a Google account, you will need to create one
- For additional help: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Own-YouTube-Channel
How to upload a video to your personal YouTube channel:
- Click “Upload” at the top of the YouTube page
- Select “Public” on the dropdown menu
- Click “Select files to upload”
- Choose you video
- For additional help: http://www.wikihow.com/Upload-a-Video-to-YouTube
Generate a link to your video
- After you have uploaded your video, click “Share” under the video you would like to submit
- Click “Share this Video” (this will create a link to your video)
- For additional help: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57741?hl=en
- The PFCC Video Contest Committee will select the top 25% of submissions
- The PFCC Video Contest Executive Selection Committee will choose the first, second, and third place winners
The top three winners will receive PFCC jackets. Selected videos will be used in presentations and on UMHS websites!
Official Contest Rules
- If you are mentioning any identifiable patient information and/or filming patients in your video, you must obtain written authorization from the patient/authorized legal representative by having them fill out the UMHS Photo Release Form.
- There is no entry fee.
- Comply with YouTube terms of service and specifications for user submissions and/or video uploads, located at http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and as may otherwise be posted on the YouTube website.
- By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Regulations and to UMHS’s decisions, which are final and binding on all matters related to the contest.
- Avoid violating copyright laws or using brand names or logos other than UMHS’s in your video. You agree to indemnify UMHS for any claim, demand, judgment or other allegation arising from your possible violation of someone’s trademark, copyright, or other legally protected interest in any way in your video. All Entrants agree not to make any commercial use of those portions of their submissions which use UMHS trademarks without prior written approval from UMHS.
- Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and the United States. Content must not (1) promote illegal behavior; (2) support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice; (3) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; (4) violate rights established by law or agreement; (5) invade the privacy of any person; or (6) be otherwise inappropriate as determined by UMHS in its sole and conclusive determination.
- By accepting the prizes, winners agree to hold UMHS and all UMHS employees harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of such prizes. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused from participation in the contest or use/redemption of any prize.
- Entrant grants UMHS the right to use their names and video submissions for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation.
- Entrants grant UMHS the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display the entrant’s project video without further compensation or notification to the entrant.
- UMHS maintains the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venues.
- Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and decisions of UMHS and the contest judges. UMHS and judges’ decisions are final.