Scheduling & Billing
The University of Michigan Health System (UMHS) provides online appointment scheduling and online bill pay.
- Learn how to schedule an appointment with your U-M Physician through the online Patient Portal, MyUofMHealth.org
- Learn how to pay bills online using the Patient Portal, MyUofMHealth.org
What to Bring to Your Appointment
Your health care provider and insurance company can give you
information about what to bring for your appointment. Here is a list of the basics:
- Blue U-M Registration Card - if you have one (see below)
- Health insurance cards
- Medical records - including immunization records - from other institutions or other doctors' offices
- Test results and copies of X-rays or imaging studies (CT scans, sonograms, etc.)
- List of current medications, including dosage amounts and renewal needs. Include over-the-counter and herbal medications.
- Any medical forms that need to be completed by your health care provider
- A referral, if required
- List of your questions
Blue Registration Cards
Before receiving service, all U-M patients are required to have a U-M Hospitals blue registration card. The card contains the patient’s U-M medical registration number for scheduling appointments, tests and procedures. Please have this card available when you check in. If you lose this card, you can obtain a new one at any of the main information desks in the Taubman Center, at any of the Hospitals or Health Centers, or at the Med Inn Building registration desk.
Note: If you do not have a blue registration card, please allow an additional 15-20 minutes prior to your first appointment to obtain one. Questions? Call 734-936-4990.
Cancelling / Rescheduling
Please call us within 24 hours of an appointment if you must cancel or reschedule so that we may give your appointment to another patient.